Wyoming to build world class shooting complex

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Don Cogan, Nov 5, 2023.

1. Don Cogan

Don Cogan Bird Hunter Past OSTA President Founding Member

Found a few articles online and a lengthy YouTube video discussing a proposed 10 million dollar world class shooting complex to be built in Wyoming. The state is in the early stages of planning and site selection. This complex would be designed for all types of shooting and is intended to be a destination location. Always glad when I hear of new ranges being built or investments in existing ranges!

2. CP90T

CP90T Member

"If you build it, they will come."

It's a catchy slogan. And I loved the movie. Hopefully the investment group's due diligence pays off for them and it's a success.

3. David McMillen

David McMillen Well-Known Member

Good news but, does Wyoming have that many shooters to support this?

cl3 and CP90T like this.
  4. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

multi million dollar facilities are for multi million dollar people.

5. Don Cogan

Wyoming is the least populated state in the USA with fewer than 600K residents. I believe the complex they want to build will be similar to the Whittington Center, not the WSRC.

6. Ed Budreau

Ed Budreau Active Member Founding Member

Always good news to hear about new shooting locations. I wish them luck.

Jon Reitz likes this.
  7. michigan_berry

michigan_berry Active Member

Hey Don - what’s the title of the YouTube video? I’m curious and want to check it out.

8. Don Cogan

There are a few YouTube videos but the one I watched was about 3-1/2 hours long titled “Wyoming State Shooting Complex Oversight Task Force Meeting, September 27, 2023-AM”.

9. THEUNLOADER

THEUNLOADER Mega Poster Founding Member

Love Wyoming !!

'If they build it--I will come" !!!