Winchester Model 50 slide pin replacement question

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Jim O, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Jim O

Jim O Member

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. The original pin that links left and right slide, through bolt and recoil link fractured. I tried some backyard gunsmithing. Cut a 7/32 drill bit shank to 1.19" length, heated to plum, quenched to harden. Worked for a case of shells then deformed. No luck in OEM or replacement pins. Any suggestions before I go to a gunsmith and wait for the winter?

2. Sgoose

Sgoose Mega Poster Founding Member

If you show me a picture of the part or were it is used will look through all my Model 50 parts
    Thanks
    Sgoose

3. Jim O

Jim O Member

Part 49 on the Numrich site diagram. This is the pin you push out from the small hole on the left side of the receiver through the bolt and out the right side

upload_2020-10-1_5-55-48.jpeg

4. Jim O

Jim O Member

5. Sgoose

Sgoose Mega Poster Founding Member

Check my parts and no slide pin for 12 gauge would try 7/32 (.21875) cold rolled steel stock or stainless steel rolled stock and cut to length and bevel the two ends. You can buy roll stock on Ebay. Good luck

Sgoose

History Seeker likes this.
  6. Jim O

Jim O Member

Thanks to all your assistance. Old Arms of Idaho was able to set me up with 4pins. That gives me 2 per model 50.
    I also took advice and got some stainless roll stock to cut and bevel.

History Seeker likes this.
  7. RandyH

RandyH Member

If you need any more, I have about 10 used ones you can have

Jim O likes this.