Winchester and Remington primers?

Discussion in 'Reloading Bench' started by rrisum, Nov 26, 2022.

1. rrisum

rrisum Mega Poster

Been loading for 50 years using Remington then Winchester primers -- Along came covid and all I can find is Cheddite and Nobles any place I go? Been two years, what's up?

2. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Mega Poster Founding Member

Winchester and Remington just want everyone to buy the $12 or $14 box of shells..They even try to fool us by putting 8 boxes in a flat of shells instead of the usual 10 box flat. Create a shortage and then raise the prices.It is called American Greed.Steel based shells are now called premium shells
    Vista Outdoors who owns Fedreral and Remington in my opinion is one of the scalpers. They got rid of their distributor's and want to keep all of the profit to themselves. Just like the auto makers are going to get rid of the dealerships and you can buy the cars on line.GM purged themselves of a lot of dealerships a few years ago.

3. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Active Member

There's a lot of truth in that statement above so , it's best to buy / use what's available in your area !
    The whole essence of being able to shoot , these days is , availability !

rrisum likes this.
  4. Dale

Dale Member

I live in Grand Rapids, MI and my understanding is that Winchester and Remington primers are available. However, they're $110 per thousand.
    Good news, bad news.
    I plan on checking it out this weekend.

RS570 likes this.
  5. Santafe

Santafe Member

So why buy Winchester or Remington primers they haven’t been around for over two years. Remington have been way more money for the last 10 years. Cheddites are available and have been available at a much lower price, they are a good primer they adjusted their dimension to work in Remington and Winchester shells. Winchester and Vista are playing games with shooters and gouging us, I think that they will be sorry in the long run, I going so stay with cheddits because they have been here for the shooters.

6. rrisum

rrisum Mega Poster

Winchester primers are back in stock. been since before covid. that my local store has had them. Just bought 10,000 -- $69.95

7. Billy

Billy Mega Poster

• ? $10.000

8. David McMillen

David McMillen Well-Known Member

A couple days ago I paid $640 for 10,000 Winchester 209's.

Packman 13 likes this.
  9. rrisum

rrisum Mega Poster

Old age and fat fingers -$69.00 1,000

10. Dale

Dale Member

A few months ago I purchased 10,000 Winchester primers at $70 per thousand plus tax here in Grand Rapids, Mi.
    That should hold me for a while

11. mission6222

mission6222 Mega Poster

Sports Mans Warehouse Federal 209A $60.00 per 1000

12. Ken Cerney

Ken Cerney HOF Muscoda Gun Club Past Wisconsin Director Founding Member HOF Muscoda Gun Club

Before covid I was able to buy Noble Sport 209 primers wholesale for $17.80 per thousand now my cost is $50.00 per thousand. Greed is rampant on everything now. Thanks sippy cup.

13. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

whats the magic number most people would start restocking primers?
    50? 40?
    its 68 all day here in mo.
    i just cant bring myself to doing it.

its a kinda weird gauntlet they have us running. primers come in, powder goes out.
    lead goes up, primers go down.
    ammo is stocked, clays go up.
    i dont like being a mouse on a wheel in some business suits cage.

Ken Cerney likes this.
  14. Jack Olson

Jack Olson Mega Poster

Your all right, there going to screw them selves in the long run.

15. Ed Budreau

Ed Budreau Active Member Founding Member

Screw both of them!!!!! I will never buy another Winchester or Remington primer again. There
    is no reason that they have not been available other than they are driving the price up. Thankfully
    Cheddite and Noble have been able to supply us primers or we would have had to stop reloading.