Who shot the last shot....anyone know?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by hard left, Sep 4, 2016.

1. hard left

hard left Member

Was it documented who had the last shot at Sparta. Was it documented?

2. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

"Last Target at Sparta", do you know something we don't know ..? The ATA seems to want to give the impression that they are there to stay, even with the attendance dropping off like no body knew about it ... The State of Illinois has not determined that the facility is useless and in the wrong location so it can't gather a crowd ... The numbers of who paid what to whom have not yet been posted so maybe there has not the last target at Sparta yet ... You never know, you know ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Mega Poster Founding Member

Ed Yanchok.He shot the first target in Sparta and the last one in Vandalia.In my 55 years of shooting I shot at a lot of clubs that are no more.All the clubs did the best that they could.Money Zoning and trapshooters with attitude problems sank a lot of clubs.

4. wpt

The WSRC is technically not a trap club, its a State park with a trap line that cannot and does not draw enough people to break even or justify its existence ... The lakes are stocked and there is a museum (Hall of Fame) on the grounds for all of the travelers and locals entertainment ... The camping area was not full at the biggest little shoot in the Midwest claiming to be the grand (one of many actually) where not one event could produce 2000 shooters much less justify the use of all of the traps unless they wanted to finish the days events by noon ... I do not think any attitude problems can be blamed for the lacking attendance , but will say any excuse is better than none at all ... There are many shooters who would attend the grand but will not support the ATA and or State of Illinois for obvious reasons ... This was known and accepted before the move to Sparta, so if there is an attitude problem is sure is NOT the remaining members who have it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. Palos shooter

I really don't know the difference between a shooting club and a shooting business.I do know that the WSRC has Trap,Skeet Sporting Clays,Pistol and Cowboy action shoots.Fishing and Camping also.Maybe the ATA could win a big lottery and buy their own place,until then it will be Sparta.Any State that wants to spend about 50 million dollars and build a shooting complex can do it.The old saying is,Build it and they will come.My motel bill was 20 bucks a day higher because of the special event 40 miles away in Sparta..Yes The Grand.Just like in Vandalia more money for the grand motels.some in Vandalia wanted you to book for the whole week.My home club is run just like a business just like a golf or tennis or any other type of clubs.Pay your money to use the place.

6. Smithy

Smithy Mega Poster Founding Member

They didn't. The move nearly destroyed the ATA. Not that many care now. Most left.
    Cardinal had a motel that was closer and cleaner for $29.95.
    The state was lied to. They were told 100,000 people a day. Like this year when the ATA lied and said there were 30,00o competitors there by the second day.

Dont forget the place is there so the founder and convicted criminal Blagojevich (Mr. Anti Gun) could buy votes from the southern Illinois sheep.

Palos you rhetoric did not mention the gun hate state?

Palos....you say you dont know the difference between a shooting club and a business. I at least believe that.

Does 1784 mean anything?

wpt likes this.
  7. Palos shooter

So are you telling me that the WSRC is a State Park with a shooting concession.Be it a club or a business I still have to pay.I have a Sam's Club Card.still have to pay.Are there profit clubs and non profit clubs?The non profit ones will fade away.
    I guess the ATA has the concession for another 10 years.
    Is the ATA run by democrats? That being the good ole boys club.Now I understand the meaning of the word club.

8. wpt

Shooting business would be like the WSRC in a State Park , that can't draw a crowd, supposedly sells a service but keeps adding to the States deficit unless supplemented ... Shooting club would be with a membership and valued consistent flow of shooter (members) , more or less like the ATA had before the big move to never, never land ... The Local television was told by someone that there was 15,000 to 30,000 shooters in the area and also that there was 15,000 people staying on the grounds in 1,000 camping spots ( that would come to 15 per spot) that were not sold out, I was told there were 157 spots vacant by someone who was there on the grounds (not verified) ... The ATA had control of the camping by them buying out all of the spots and re renting them to their valued customers , 15 people per spot ..? Someone actually called that television station and questioned the numbers, was told they only reported what they were told, that they actually had no idea other than that ... They could not get 2,000 entry's in any one event which would or could of happened by accident if there were that many people in the area ... Someone was blowing smoke into someones anal orifice as if it was fact and it got reported as such .... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. Smithy

Smithy Mega Poster Founding Member

You have to ask?

10. Kiehl

Kiehl Well-Known Member

The IDNR hasn't put them on the calender yet and whatever happens, it won't be grand. again!