Who is lying? Attorney General or Gipson and ATA?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by merlo, Sep 18, 2016.

1. merlo

merlo Mega Poster Forum Reporter

I don't get it. Here is the time line. You decide.

Phill Kiner posted some contents from a letter to Delegates regarding the investigation that stated the AG's Office informed the ATA on May 2, 2016 that the review was complete. Quote is below.

On May 2, the Office of the Attorney General informed the ATA that the review was complete and that they considered the inquiry closed. Based upon their review it was determined that the governance of the Association and real property acquisitions were proper, sound and in complete accordance with Illinois corporation law. The review did include suggestions which the ATA Executive Committee may consider, but overall the Attorney General was complimentary of the forthright submission of all requested information and the procedures, policies and accountability methods in use by the ATA.

May 10, 2016, VP Terry Dean posts that in the past it was probably true that the CHC and EC were lining their pockets.

May 10, 2016, VP Terry Dean publicly ridicules me implying that that providing these facts makes a person a Peeping Tom.

July 8, 2016 a FOIA request comes back from the Illinois Attorney General. The response from the AG is that this is an investigation. The word "review" as used by Gipson is not used.

ag11.jpg
    ag2 (2).jpg

Why would the Illinois Attorney General lie about this?

More information will be provided as I get it. Thanks to those that risk ridicule by providing this.

Merlo out

2. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent ...

It appears to be an on going investigation due to there being withheld documentation not being remitted as per request ... Phil Kiner was obviously given some bad information based on what he posted ...

May 10, 2016, VP Terry Dean posts that in the past it was probably true that the CHC and EC were lining their pockets. (Confession is good for the soul ) ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

Merlo,

You sure have the ability to come up with interesting news and you even provided what appears to be some sort of official document, however, there is nothing I see connecting this communication to the review/investigation of the ATA's "corporate records, documentation and financial reports dating to 2010." Can you assure us that your posted material relates to the ATA?

If it indeed is relative to the Illinois Attorney General's review/investigation of the ATA last April, the statement "The records that we have determined are exempt under this section contain information that relates to an ongoing investigation and reasonably contemplated law enforcement proceedings of this office" is a far different determination than what was presented in the Delegate Update letter back in May. Did the ATA misconstrue the determination from the Attorney General's Office or did something change? I understand "ongoing investigation," but ongoing from what date and/or complaint? If it's an ongoing investigation from the complaint noted in the Delegate Update letter, then somebody is seriously misrepresenting the facts.

Now, the big question: Is there one (1) Delegate out of 57 Board of Directors, interested enough in determining the facts, who will ask the ATA Executive Committee or ATA Executive Director if there is an ongoing investigation of our organization or not? After all, wouldn't that be providing oversight of our association, a duty of every Delegate? The lack of proper oversight is precisely how organizations get into trouble with law enforcement and disappoint their members who truly care.

Of course we also know that attempting to provide proper oversight can have you debarred as in the case a few years back with Delegate Paul Shaw, Chairman of the Accountable Reimbursement Plan Oversight Committee.

Ongoing investigation from April or new investigation, that is the question in need of an answer!

HB

4. Bat

Bat Mega Poster

HB,

Merlo's sources have 1,000 pages of documents to sort through. I'm sure some more will be showing up within a few weeks.

Personally, I'd be surprised if the ATA's lawyers' summary was a lie. The fact that the FOI release mentions an ongoing investigation may be referring to an investigation of another party, not the ATA. Or maybe it is a separate issue with the ATA other than what the attorney was referring to, since it sounds like multiple parties here may have filed separate complaints.

Just because there is an ongoing investigation does not mean somebody (ATA's lawyer) is seriously misrepresenting the facts. It's possible they are, but I'd think it unlikely.

I'm sure there will be some good stuff coming out of the reams of paper Merlo's sources received.

History Seeker, wpt and HistoryBuff like this.
  5. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

Bat, I didn't know it was the ATA's lawyer's summary and agree he would not provide it in an untruthful manner.

I assume the Attorney General's office must be withholding a lot more information provided by the ATA since the Delegate's Update letter noted "several volumes of this information" was delivered.

I can also agree in the probability that "there will be some good stuff coming out" but I don't know if it will be from Merlo's sources or from Merlo's research control center (under his bridge). Merlo would make a good ATA Delegate in my opinion. He asks questions and finds answers.

HB

6. butterly

butterly Mega Poster

Where did you see a statement from an attorney? If you have a statement signed by an attorney then post it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2016
  7. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

Bill, If as Terry Dean said, the CHC, and EC were lining their pockets, where does he fit in? Is he not a V.P.? Was he in on the take or is he trying to cover his own a$$. If a V.P. of an organization structured as the ATA is, is not aware of unethical use of the organizations money then he is not qualified to hold any position in the organization. This all started with the purchase of the PAT traps, and has picked up speed over the years. I tried to get the company that I represented to file suit about that deal, but they were to timid. The cost to the ATA was pretty high, if it were all made evident. The gratis to the enablers was also pretty high. Machine deals and building deals seem to have a way of getting blown out of proportion in this member owned organization. Is there no honor in man kind anymore? Roger C.

wpt likes this.
  8. Roger Coveleskie

Jimmy the Greek, Gives the odd's that are as follows; 100 t0 1 it is not the AG. Roger C.

9. butterly

butterly Mega Poster

gip (2).jpg

Bat, the letter above, signed by Gipson says, the AG contacted the ATA. No mention of this being the opinion of an attorney.

10. quaker

quaker New Member

Terry is not very good at keeping secrets. :)

wpt and Roger Coveleskie like this.
  11. Roger Coveleskie

Then the Ill. A.G. should talk to him. So should the IRS. Roger C. PS The IRS even wants taxes on ill gotten gains.

wpt likes this.
  12. 62286IL

62286IL Active Member

The AG should have a face to face with Terry Dean.

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  13. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

I'm not sure Terry Dean has been given or told a lot of pertinent information being as he seems to be a little on the slow side of comprehension and logical reasoning ... He obviously does not take a hint well when he could not get re elected as Delegate (much like Obama him self saying he is not leaving if Trump get elected ) and would not even shoot off to break the tie, so he got appointed to a position by the EC so they could keep his vote on their side ... There was also a statement he made about who and how much some sponsors were giving and that he couldn't even buy a new pick up with the amount ... Terry Dean is obviously not one of those they trust with important information so he only knows what he has been told be that as it may ... Lynn (the Talking Head) Gipson is pretty much on the same level but with a bigger title and paycheck as he talks about "Fantastic Directions" and 20/30 million dollars generated in and about the general area of Sparta and the region ...
    It cannot help but be noticed that he (Lynn (The Talking Head) Gipson) and nobody else from the ATA has been boasting about the turn out, and generated amounts of this last grand , so their silence speaks louder than any boasting they could of done to express their glee and accomplishment ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2016
  14. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

ATA was notified ~~~~~

Does anyone know if this was a written notification or a verbal one ?

Dave