What venue will throw the most targets this year?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Heidelberg, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Heidelberg

Heidelberg Member

Which trap venue will throw the most targets this year? Just wondering since the SCTP left Sparta after being abandoned themselves.

2. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

The WSRC should be the one, but you never know, you know ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

You WOULD think it has to be that place in IL.
    All you have to do is look at that one days number from last August.

A whopping 174,500 targets in just one event. That is just amazing. What a fantastic direction that Mecca of Trapshooting has taken.

wpt likes this.
  4. Win101

Win101 Mega Poster

From ATA website.
    2016 Top Ten venues most to least.

WSRC- 4,185,550
    Cardinal Center- 3,232,525
    Tucson - 2,229,600
    Pennsylvania State Sportsman Assn.-2,156975
    Silver Dollar- 2,154,300
    Missouri Trap Assn.- 1,421,700
    New York State ATA- 1,229,950
    Michigan Trap Assn.- 994,825
    Iowa State Trap Assn.-958,150
    Wisconsin Shooting Complex-807,900

wpt and trappermike like this.
  5. wpt

Based on those numbers (which I have seen), looks like Cardinal Center is 2 shoots away from being number ONE ... Time will tell ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

Win 101

Thanks for the numbers.

Interesting for sure

7. Michael McGee

Michael McGee Mega Poster Founding Member

Trap&Field numbers?

Flyersarebest likes this.
  8. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

Funny stuff! This from the group that told the media and us there were 15,000 competitors in the campground the first week of the grand. And then said there was another 15,000 staying in motels. And then published false data for the members in Trap and Field.

Who wouldn't questions those numbers? I got the answer. Only 101. Have another sip of kool aid.

Flyersarebest, Michael McGee and wpt like this.
  9. wpt

15,000 in 1000 camping spots, must of looked like a commune in a 3rd world country, people sleeping every where all over the place ... Then the other 15,000 probably camped out at the WalMart parking lot or WalMarts in the general area ... Probably generated about 20/30 million for the region, was headed in a "Fanasstastic Direction" based on what one person said ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. Win101

Win101 Mega Poster

The numbers I posted were from the ATA website as I posted.
    Look them up for yourselves.

Believe them or not, I don't care!

11. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

If 4,185,550 is correct, they should show $1,423,087.00 FROM TARGET SALES. Look at there balance sheet. I'm using $34.00 per hundred as a figure for sales. That is not enough money to take all financial obligations for the shooting center. They need about another 3 million to even try to support the grounds. That is only a guess. Roger C.

12. Don Cogan

Don Cogan Bird Hunter Past OSTA President Founding Member

The numbers posted above represent the registered ATA targets thrown at each location. I would say they are fairly accurate in that regard. Some of the venues on the list also throw skeet, sporting clays and international bunker targets in addition to practice targets and leagues. It would be interesting to see which location throws the most overall targets and what other locations would be on the list if all targets were accounted for. Probably no way of gathering that data accurately. I wonder how many targets our USA shooting teams fire at in practice on a daily basis? I guess the target manufactures would know who is buying the most targets!

trappermike and Roger Coveleskie like this.
  13. Flyersarebest

Now that's some funny stuff right there

wpt likes this.
  14. Win101

Win101 Mega Poster

Is the ATA taking all financial obligations for the WSRC?
    Building upkeep, infrastructure expenses, mowing etc.
    Asking as I don't know.

15. User 1

User 1 Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

You can't forget Mississippi .....

They should be number one on the "2017 Top Ten venues most to least" ..... All those new long yardage shooters should be burning up a bunch of targets ..... They stink at short yardage, so it's going to take a heap of targets to get their average up to the mid-60's at the "fence" .....

wpt likes this.
  16. Roger Coveleskie

If the state decides to exit the facility. would they have any other choice? Even if they received the place as a gift, the ATA could not afford the upkeep on the facility. Sad but I'm afraid true. Roger C.

17. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

Win101 you've asked a very important question. I wondered the same thing so I asked the IDNR in a Freedom of Information Act Request (FOIA) back in February. They have to provide an answer under State law, the ATA does not have that obligation.

As you know, the decision to manage the U.S. Open tournament for the IDNR was made at or before the 2016 Grand American and included in the minutes of Aug. 16th.
    I figured all the details were certainly discussed and agreed to about that time since it was reported in the official minutes.
    Unfortunately, I was wrong. How do I know I was wrong?

My FOIA request was filed 1 day shy of a full 6 months after the agreement reported on August 16th. Here's the March 2, 2017 response I got from the IDNR regarding the request for details:

FOIA Request Denial for 2017 US Open Agreement.jpg

I wonder if the draft agreement has been finalized yet?

Perhaps one of our State & Provincial Delegates will provide information on the ATA's requirements and expenses for making the verbal agreement to manage the U.S. Open event. Certainly someone must have asked questions during the annual meeting. Right?

HB

18. Win101

Win101 Mega Poster

So are the US Open and the Grand American and the occasional typical registered shoots the ATA
    is responsible for?
    I wouldn't think they have control over the Cowboy Action shoots and the Sporting Clays shoots.

To stay on topic, I would think the top venues will probably be the same as last year.

19. wpt

The State of Illinois can and will change things at the drop of a dime if it suits them to do so, not saying they will , just saying they can and they have many times over the years ... Google" Meigs Field" that was on the Lake Front for easy access to the down town area via Lake Shore Drive for many years until one day and POOF it was gone ... The one problem ( of many ) that has plagued the WSRC and State of Illinois is no body has any interest in going there to shoot/ additional driving which has been proven by the dismal attendance that has been on a decline since the beginning of the relocation to "Sparta, Ill" ... When an organization cannot produce 2,000 shooters in what is considered to be the Premier shooting event of the year there is a problem that cannot be denied ... There was talk that the need for a 3 1/2 mile trap line would one day be needed depending on who you talk to, as it turns out they have never used all of the trap fields for any given event yet, so those trap houses are good places for storage for the unused machines (spares) ...
    Illinois still does not have a budget and there is no end in sight on that problem, but they went on a two week vacation (ala Obama) rather than deal with it, but they will be back and Thank God Obama won't be ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

20. wpt

Illinois Policy
    21 hrs ·
    With a growing backlog of unpaid bills and the nation’s worst unfunded pension liability, Illinois is in real trouble. Social service agencies are going out of business. Community colleges and state universities are cutting staff, classes, and are losing students galore. People are leaving the state. And nobody does anything about it.

We’re truly in a sorry state.

21. History Seeker

HB,

You always are able to find things out for us...Thank You !

I agree, Win 101 is posting some serious #s and questions we all should be concerned with.

I don't want to sound negative, but Why do I have this pit in my tummy about what direction the ATA is headed in with Sparta this season ???

This is OUR organization, we should all be concerned.

wpt and Roger Coveleskie like this.
  22. Smithy

Smithy Mega Poster Founding Member

Don't worry....the arrogant asses at Trap and Field (ATA owned) will probably publish false figures again to make you feel good about yourself and your organization. That will last until this forum exposes the lies and fake numbers. There will be a correction but it will be hidden.

You deserve it because you tolerate it.
    Sure they do? Who would distrust proven liars?

wpt likes this.
  23. Win101

Win101 Mega Poster

So....
    The numbers reported to the ATA by all the gun clubs that throw registered targets are changed by the ATA and or Trap and Field magazine?

How many extra targets did the Cardinal get credit for they did not throw?

24. Family Guy

The more you post the more members realize what a fool anyone can become if you drink enough kool aid.

This was a previous post that exposed the fake numbers being put out by Trap and Field:

According to recent ATA minutes, the magazine Trap and Field has been given a pat on ass for their coverage of trapshooting. This is despite americantrapshooter.com catching the magazine using false numbers in their coverage of the grand at Sparta.

For three consecutive years the numbers were approximately doubled. It was a forum member that pointed the obvious to the magazine.

No formal comment has been made on the forum yet by T&F.

http://americantrapshooter.com/index.php?threads/kudos-for-trap-and-field-fake-news.3415/

----------------
    Maybe 101 can tell us. Not too many here drink that kool aid.

wpt likes this.
  25. Roger Coveleskie

The ATA did not get credit for all registered targets thrown. I believe the figure is about 86,000,000 for the year. I'm sure this includes all targets not only ATA sponsored shoots. They must throw a lot more to be able to support the WSRC, even if they are only liable for the trap areas. Roger C.

26. Win101

Win101 Mega Poster

They only falsely reported numbers from the WSRC?
    By how much? 200,000, 300,000?
    1,000,000?
    Even if by 1,000,000, they still threw 3,185,550 targets.
    That puts them 2nd behind the Cardinal. Still a helluva lot of targets regardless.

27. Family Guy

They falsely reported numbers in writing to the membership and published it. They even charged members for the publication. Doubled! Caught by the forum.

They falsely gave numbers to the state of Illinois as to what the attendance would be.

They falsely reported numbers that were camping at the WSRC. Caught by forum members.

They falsely reported numbers that were in motels near the WSRC. Caught by forum members.

After that who really gives a crap what Kool ade they are serving? Just one person. Clueless 101. Clueless 101.....sounds like a class in stupidity.

wpt likes this.
  28. History Seeker

I just looked over the report on the ATA web site.

Very extensive.

I cannot imagine that OUR ATA leaders would ever think to try to pull a fast one by releasing anything but a true report.

Come now children, how can you sit there and think otherwise after all you have seen in the past few years.

One particular ATA deal that comes to mind was the Sparta Office building that they bought.

Now that was surly in the BEST interest of the organization according to ATA officials...

Believe all this, and I will sell you some nice build able swamp land in Florida also.

29. Win101

Win101 Mega Poster

It's on the internet so it has to be true!

What difference does it make anyway?

It's still there.

30. Win101

Win101 Mega Poster

Flyers,

You remind me of the BLM protesters. Complaining and moaning and name calling really gets me sympathetic to your issues... NOT!!

To stay on topic, the WSRC will once again, throw the most registered targets.

31. Roger Coveleskie

Win 101,

I do not think many shooters want to see the WSRC fall. If it does it will affect all areas of the trap shooting industry. Most members would like to see better leadership from the EC and BOD. They do not correspond well to the rank and file of the membership, thus they breed distrust about their actions and lack of a positive direction plan for keeping the sport viable. If such a plan is part of their agenda, they should inform the members of it so they can have input in it. After all this is a member supported corp. and should be treated as such. Roger C.

32. wpt

Does anyone have the name of the new manager of the WSRC, I am being told Monica is gone or has been replaced ..? This is not confirmed by me, so its an inquiry ... I was told the new manager is the guy who used to run Rend Lake, again not confirmed ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

33. Win101

Win101 Mega Poster

John Upcraft used to run Rend Lake but after some health issues not sure if he is as heavily involved as he used to be.
    I think Larry Chinski (spelling) is the manager now.

34. Flyersarebest

I have not complained, moaned, or name called.
    What I HAVE reminded you of is the FACT that the number of Grand American Handicap entries have been pathetic since they moved what was once a great event.

Let me "remind" you.

I didn't leave the ata, THE ata LEFT ME.
    1745!

Michael McGee and wpt like this.