What it took to win the GRUDGE MATCH

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by dr.longshot, Nov 20, 2022.

1. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

It took Brad Dysinger & Don Cogan to set it up at the Ohio State Shoot, and Raise Money for Charity.
    Bragging rights were Challenged and Proven Correct, My gun was a Silver Seitz that shot 18 Inches High, and Richie Phillips installed the Release Trigger, Bbl was done by The Barrell man for Jerry Phillips and the Shells were Winchester Super Handicaps, and they proved their Effectivness at the 30 Yard Targets. The Cardinal Center Provided me a Spot on the Walk of Fame, Grudge Champion Sweatshirt with Printing By Joe @americantrapshooter.com, And Embroidered Chair & Umbrella by the OSTA,
    The Loser bought a Silver Seitz, To help his Shooting. It's been about 20 years now, I should have let The Trap shooters, and OSTA and Thanks for The Silver Seitz's All American Ability. Thanks Jerry & Richie.
    Thanks for the Charity Act by the OSTA for the Fund Raiser.

GB.................................................................DLS Gary Bryant

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2022
  2. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

I think it was in 2010 or 11 Doc but it seems longer ago for sure, Joe sure know for sure. Don't forget the rules, three hole 55 yard targets from 25 yards and then 2 hole 48 yard targets from the 30.

It was fun and I thank you and big Don both. The grudge match was a one time event that can never be reproduced again.

3. PB=SMOKE

PB=SMOKE Member Founding Member

Wow what a blast from the pass. That was a one time never to be reproduced again event. It does seem like 25 years ago LOL Fun times

Don Cogan likes this.
  4. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

I reported / typed the whole thing live on an old worn out shooting site and got tossed. The posts were removed. Talking about anything other than Sparta must have been forbidden.

For those that weren’t there it was a mini mardis gras with gambling and music. Almost everyone was betting on Big Don. The smart money was on Doc.

The party before reminded me a little of a western movie I saw about a public hanging. There were a lot of quiet people afterwards.

It was the largest shooting spectacle I had ever seen.

The year was 2012.

We need to thank BIG DON for his participation. It was a great day for trapshooting and the charity.

5. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

6. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet State HOF Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

The Grudge Match was quite a time in Ohio trapshooting history. It was amazing the amount of interest it brought to our Ohio State Trapshoot. The weeks preceding the event was similar to the build up to a championship heavyweight boxing match. There were folks promoting Big Don and others talking up Doc, with backers of both sides stating that the other contestant didn't have a ghost of a chance. Others were trying to horn in and change the format so they could be included, but it had to be a match between the two computer fighting trapshooters just like the old west when the two biggest, baddest gun slingers met up on main street at high noon to settle everything. When the day finally arrived it almost seemed similar to the way a public hanging was described in some of the old western paperbacks. There was even a table set up for folks to place a bet on their favorite. During the match the spectators probably equaled or exceeded the numbers who would watch the state singles shootoff.

My take on this event was that we had to take our hats off to both of these good sports who put on a good show and also raised a large sum of money for charity and made a fun day for a lot of folks. Also thanks need to go to Brad Dysinger for getting the ball rolling and bringing this event to a great conclusion. If you weren't there you missed a one time one of a kind event. I was there and this is just one more of my many many great trapshooting memories. Thanks Don, Doc, Brad, and everyone else who helped with the event.

Dave Berlet

7. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

This couldn't have been done without Rodger Edgington, him and I worked the key board and Rodger Brenner raised the cash and I remember Joe Nester too. I'm sure I've forgot a lot of other people, but thanks.

Cooperdisciple and Don Cogan like this.
  8. Don Cogan

Don Cogan Bird Hunter Past OSTA President Founding Member

The Saneholtz crew sold the big board. So many folks chipped in to make it a spectacle. It proved trapshooting can be marketed but it takes a team all putting in the effort.

BRAD DYSINGER and Dave Berlet like this.
  9. Max Trap

Max Trap Well-Known Member Founding Member

My God, where did the time go ? I wasn’t there but I sure remember reading all about it.
    You’re right it was promoted like a prize fight and was great entertainment for us on the sidelines. Thanks for sharing Doc.

BRAD DYSINGER and Dave Berlet like this.