What if ????

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by User 1, Nov 21, 2015.

1. User 1

User 1 Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Has anyone thought about .... 'what if' the ATA would get 'shut down' for an investigation ?????

Is there something in place, if necessary, for planned shoots to run ????? It may be possible that the "ATA" could not function, as it does now, while requests for 'audits' are being done.

At this point no one knows if anything may happen .... but, some proactive thought may be a welcome change to past ATA operations.

If house-cleaning is the goal .... then house-keeping should be part of the plans ....

2. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Interesting, I actually had mine froze during an audit based on statements my Ex wife made and reported ... Talk about stupid she had no access to any money while it was being done either ... I got a loan to hold me over so I could eat, after all was said and done I filed an amended income tax and paid less than $200 in total fees, fines, and penalty , and she was responsible for 1/2 of it according to the Judge ... I'm not sure how it works with a Corporation such as the ATA is but it could be a real can of worms because they check it all and then some once they hit on something ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. Stelts

Stelts Active Member

Karla has a plan.....be patient.
    milk.jpg

4. User 1

Jokes and cartoons aside ... if, the ATA gets a free-pass after 'reporting' them ... then the Kool Aid crew has it right. There is nothing a few outcasts can do to change things.

Or ... if the AG and/or the IRS find things of interest, some will need to step-up and fill the void it may create.

You are either serious about true change, or you may just be interested in childish cyber-land mudslinging. It is foolish to try and tear down the house, to just sleep in the cold.

5. User 1

Hmmmmmm .... was it 'time' to call in big-brother ??????

If the thought is wait and see what happens .... here is a clue .... the AG and/or IRS is not going to see if any action 'fits' anyone's schedule.

It is all fun and games to poke fun at the ATA/Sparta for not having a plan-B .... so, if someone has a plan-B for when/if the wrath may fall on the ATA, speak now, or look more foolish than the fools who you want evicted.

dr.longshot likes this.
  6. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

The ATA won't create a "Plan B," because it would permit another party to be in charge of trapshooting while the ATA is unable to conduct affairs, likely allowing the other party to emerge as the new trapshooting body.

The ATA has a "poison pill," and I would be surprised to see them not use it. An emergency meeting of the delegates might be all that could ensure shooting continuity.

dr.longshot likes this.
  7. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

8. Trap 2

Trap 2 Well-Known Member Founding Member

User 1... You have a valid concern, and one that definitely merits some thought. It could go like this:

1) ATA fees and other income could be collected at each shoot as normal and deposited directly into an escrow fund set up by the AG/IRS until the whole mess got sorted out. The monies made through ATA investments, etc. could also be put into escrow. As far as bills and liabilities owed by the ATA, they would have to be put on hold until the funds got approved and released either by the AG, IRS, or via a court order.

2) Scores, averages, points, etc. could be handled by just about anyone as long as there is no ATA money involved. This would be the easiest thing to deal with.

There are many different things that could be done to carry the membership through an ordeal such as this. It's not rocket science, and there are answers out there. Once the floodgates are thrown open, the suggestions for making things work will flood in.

Regardless of the scenario, the AG/IRS would more than likely recommend a plan that would meet their criteria to resolve the problems and get things back on the right track. In the mean time, this would allow time to re-evaluate the inner workings of the ATA and start steps by the members to start the rebuilding process. If, and I repeat, IF, it all crumbles, it would be like a fast spreading cancer. ALL the members of the EC, BOD, Delegates, etc., regardless of their position, would have to be removed and replaced by trustworthy leaders to make it whole again. This process would take time, but, it must be done to rebuild. There would be no one left to trust. The finger pointing, blame, and buck passing by the EC/BOD, both past and present, will filter down to the very bottom. Sadly, several good people would have to go, but, that is what it has come to. Trust in your organization, and its leadership, are what makes it strong. Mis-trust, along with a goodly amount of greed, breeds the very problems the ATA now faces. There is no going back to "business as usual" for many of us.... Without a total housecleaning, it is too little, too late..... Just my opinion,

Michael McGee and dr.longshot like this.
  9. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Absolutely and Totally True Forecast, Beautifully Done. TRAP 2

Gary Bryant..............Dr.longshot

10. Leonidas

Leonidas Mega Poster Founding Member

And on the other hand there is no guarantee that will happen that way. They could just as easily shut the whole operation down.

Then you people (a minority of the members) would have your wish, "my way or the highway, no if, ands or buts".

11. LadyT

LadyT Mega Poster

Any business or organization or for that matter any individual should have a Plan B. Failure to have one can be disastrous.

dr.longshot likes this.
  12. langer

langer Well-Known Member

Leonidas---was there a vote taken? Who is you people? What wish? Is minority rule bad?

13. mec8

mec8 Member

What operation?