Vectan powders

Discussion in 'Reloading Bench' started by Larry, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Larry

Larry Mega Poster Founding Member

Graf and Sons just received a new shipment of the Nobel Sport powders.... I shoot the AS in loads for my 1100 Competition Synthetic and old Diamond Grade 101. Super clean burning........ Larry

2. Smokintom

Smokintom Mega Poster Founding Member

I have a friend that tried it. He really likes it. He got two 1.1 pounders for $18 each.

3. Larry

Several individuals have sent loads in for testing using tapered hulls, there are numerous loads for 1 1/8 oz that are 1200 fps or close that are within pressure limits. Larry

4. Larry

We have had quite a run of VERY COLD weather with temperatures as low as -9°F. I use both straight wall and tapered hulls, I have used 3 different primers. I have used the FIO, the Winchester and the Federal with the Vectan AS powder. With both one ounce and 1 1/8 ounce loads and near ATA maximum velocities to date I have had no mis-fires or funny sounding loads. I have a scale set up by the press and during loading I will grab an occasional hull and weigh the powder drop. I use the metal baffle that came with my UCB and my tested weights are plus or minus .1 grain as long as I have about 2" of powder in the bottle. Larry