US Open scheduled at the WSRC May 12 -15

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by PAPA27, Apr 10, 2016.

1. PAPA27

PAPA27 Member

Just saw this on the ATA Facebook page "The ISTA has determined May 12-15, 2016 as the dates for the US Open at the World Shooting & Recreational Complex in Sparta, IL. Start making your plans to attend!"

Don Cogan likes this.
  2. jhunts

jhunts Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

3. Smithy

Smithy Mega Poster Founding Member

Seeing that I thought I should check in with the IDNR WSRC and called their number.

"Until further notice there is no camping or shooting available on this site"

dr.longshot likes this.
  4. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Who's on first, Whats on then who's on first ..? I would if I could, but I can't so I won't ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. puff

puff New Member

Us Open is a go.....Who ho ho ho

6. wpt

I am probably mistaken but wasn't the SCTP on the schedule when the WSRC was shut down last year (closed to all shooting), as well as other venues that were listed on the schedule who got turned away with no place to go ... The SCTP people made arrangements to go to the Cardinal Center so they could continue with the program they had on their schedule and the schedule at the facility (WSRC) in Illinois ... I'm thinking being on the schedule don't hold as much water as a tin cup with no bottom in it does ... 3 days and counting for the negotiations to begin and or applied to paper ... They must of reverted back to the build it and they will come way of thinking all over again ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Maybe a name change in needed. Only 152 shooters from states other than the 357 from IL. participated last year!

8. PumpgunBob

PumpgunBob Well-Known Member

How many from PA?

9. oleolliedawg

Not a single one. Well, we did have one participant from IL. at last years PA State shoot. I guess you could say they're killing us. 80 squads would be a pee poor turnout at any PA shoot event!

10. wpt

Pumpgunbob,
    It appears you are avoiding the question I asked above or is it just an over sight ... ? Maybe thats the one thing you don't know HUH ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. PumpgunBob

WPT,
    Yes I believe the SCTP Nationals events were on the schedule before the budget crisis shutdown.

We've been over this before.
    The SCTP did what they had to do.
    I'm glad that the Cardinal Center is stepping up for the kids.

Only time will tell us if Illinois is going to be able to open the WSRC back up.

IMHO all the speculation is useless until the place either opens or they shut it down for good.

I don't know what else to say.

I and many others hope it does and there are those that hope it doesn't.

wpt likes this.
  12. jhunts

Illinois shoots on the ATA schedule.

upload_2016-4-12_12-0-15.png

ISTA website still shows no mention of the U.S. Open. If they had determined, why would they not post something about it. Why would they hide it? It is only a month away, if one was to make plans I think you might want to see a flyer about the shoot. There is already many other shoots those days in IL.

I no longer see the Facebook post anymore.

Is it possible the ISTA determined on Sunday where as someone posted it on Facebook under the ATA umbrella, then rescinded it?

Do you still see the post on Facebook?

Do you have a flyer or other item that confirms this?

wpt likes this.
  13. oleolliedawg

One month away and the programs were mailed out-not. I suppose we should assume the shoot program will be the same as last year-or maybe not. Oh well, it's simply a local IL. shoot anyway so most of the participants can journey over and see what's going on-or not!

14. jhunts

It is now on the ISTA calender

Events from May 15, 2016

PumpgunBob likes this.
  15. oleolliedawg

Word is one of the locals posted a hand written shoot program on the gate!

16. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

I think it is too late for a Mailing on the US Open, where is it scheduled for in Reality, I read where a smaller club got the Nod for it.

GB.....................................DLS

17. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Egyption Electric has not been paid yet, for $238,000 + for the WRSC. Is the IDNR scheduled for a Electric Turn Off?

GB......................DLS

18. jhunts

So the ATA or someone with access to the ATA Facebook page and prior to anybody else posted the dates of the U.S. Open.

upload_2016-4-18_14-7-57.png

Not to soon later it was taken down or removed from facebook.

A few days later the shoot was and still is listed on ISTA.com

upload_2016-4-18_14-15-33.png

Now I have an understanding that the U.S. Open is in June during the IL SCTP State Championships I guess. At least according to IDNR.

upload_2016-4-18_15-8-18.png

What page is anybody on?

The U.S. Open is not on the ATA Website, though you would have thought it would be front page news to get the word out.

Though it is back on the ATA Facebook page with the new dates.

upload_2016-4-18_15-13-49.png

The 25 and 26 is the IL State SCTP tournament.

Attached Files:

19. PumpgunBob

That happened last year or the year before also

The U.S.Open was on the west end and the SCTP kids were on the west end.

The place is plenty big enough for both events

We had some of our kids there for the US Open 200 Singles .

20. Kiehl

Kiehl Well-Known Member

PAPA27 said this:
    and now they move it 5 weeks? LOL

Then Monica says no U. S. Open......

I will believe it when the ATA announces it on their own page. Not facebook which seems to change faster than the weather.

21. PumpgunBob

I saw it on the WSRC website this afternoon.

It was not on there yesterday.

22. Kiehl

Kiehl Well-Known Member

The fact that they or who ever would initially put it on the wsrc site for one date and change it to 5 weeks later shows briefly how completely inept these people are. Also that anyone as stupid as one of the above, rants and raves at every blunder as if this is good.

All this shows the vacuum of leadership and that anyone can have access to the keyboard at the wsrc.

The question is what fools believed the first posts and who believes this post? Who has to change their vacation plans again?

Sad state.

dr.longshot likes this.
  23. crg

crg Member

PAPA

You said one date and said to make plans. Then it was cancelled. Then a new date. Credibility not important here. Not for you or the ATA.
    Thanks for the heads up.

dr.longshot likes this.
  24. PumpgunBob

Kiehl,

It was never posted on the WSRC schedule for the May dates. It's only been posted on the WSRC schedule for the June dates.

25. crg

crg Member

The post was PAPA declaring worthless victory laps by pointing out how the ISTA had secured a date with the WSRC. May 12-15. Make your plans to attend!

NO moron really thinks the ISTA or ATA would plan or announce an event at someone else's facility without clearing it first.

Thanks PAPA27. I got my plans. Thanks for the heads up.

See you all at the May 12-15 U.S. Open !

26. PumpgunBob

crg,

You are correct. The original post did have the dates for the U.S.Open listed for May. Could have easily been a typo error. The U.S.Open was never posted on the WSRC website before it was posted as being in June.

Since then, the ATA announced June dates for the U.S. Open and it is posted on the WSRC website schedule under Trapshooting events for June.

Obviously, the shoot is going to be in June, not May.

As of 10 minutes ago there is no shoot scheduled for May.

Check the schedule yourself and quit complaining.

27. crg

crg Member

and dont forget the ATA has posted the same date. I sure wont forget. Like PAPA27 said. Make your plans.
    Thanks to PAPA27 , and the ATA, we all have plans for the U.S. Open May 12-15
    Like the ATA says.....Start making your plans to attend.

no complaints here....thanks for the heads up.

28. PumpgunBob

Why don't you check both the WSRC website and the ATA website for yourself.

God forbid you take anyone else's word for it.

Just trying to help out.

But really, why should I care if you show up for the shoot a month early.

I'm not one of those guys that would say "I told you so"

29. crg

crg Member

As you have got very little right since I started reading your posts for once you may be close to right. And remember....the posts above accurately show the dates marketed by the ATA on their own fb pages. And accurately show what was scheduled on the ISTA page.

The ISTA has the final say.....not the ATA right?

And you say you have more credibility than them. If they posted the U.S. Open will be May 12-15, I believe it. See you there.

30. dr.longshot

I thought The US Open was posted at an Illinois Trapshooting site, not the WRSC because plans had to be made early as the WRSC was shut down, boy is this Information being Slung Around and no body knows for sure.

GB................................DLS

crg likes this.
  31. PumpgunBob

The U.S.Open is an ATA event, at least it has been in the past.

So, instead of continuing to correct me, take a look for yourself at the WSRC website. Click on Trapshooting. Scroll down through the narrative. There is a schedule. Printed in English. Green in color. The U.S.Open is on the list. In JUNE!

Now take a look at the ATA website. Right on the home page in the upper middle there is a poster that changes every few seconds. Watch it closely. It will show several different shoots and announcements. Watch for the one that says, "U.S.Open" . It will give the dates in JUNE.
    It is also in English.

Obviously you didn't bother to do that in the first place. Instead you keep telling me how wrong I am.

What an asshat

32. Smithy

Pumpgun

As you are almost never right....sometimes you are on the right scent. (rarely) But then you go and show how incredibly ignorant you are about the ATA and who sets the date and shoots. Sorry Merlo for stealing some of a previous post. The following is written proof of the argument between the WSRC, ATA and the ISTA , and the obvious conclusion that the State Bodies set the dates and the venues.

This was posted rather conspicuously. Not near obvious enough for truly the ignorant.

ista shoot.jpg

For the slow (pumpgun) you will see the argument between the ISTA and the ATA and Monica Brackman of the IDNR. One party is trying to save the shoot for the sake of the sport and two parties are trying to save their butts.

I can repeat it again for you. But it would have saved time if you had a parent near the keyboard.

The ISTA sets venue and dates. It could still be changed. Telling someone to check with the WSRC is again wrong. The WSRC does not set the dates.

Again the post by you....
    shows how little you know about the ATA.

Flyersarebest likes this.
  33. PumpgunBob

So according to you the dates for the U.S. Open is still in May regardless of what the venue shows as being scheduled and the entity that registers the targets has advertised.

34. Smithy

Do you mean according to the above? According to the ATA? According to the recently ISTA? Or According to WSRC?
    Be clear I dont care.

Fortunately the ISTA cared enough to try to save the shoot for the sake of trapshooting. It was going to Brittany Gun Club. For doing so the cheap shot at Ned was given. "Ned likes to play both sides of the streets." and "Ned may be selective in what information he shares." Disgusting rhetoric from Lynn Gipson, dont you think?

I get crg's point about PAPA's statement and the statement from the ATA...make your plans to attend May 12-15. No credibility there? If you really cared about trapshooting you would be extremely concerned about the documents posted on the thread. You dont care or cant comprehend them.

Who knows when the U.S. Open will happen...if ever. Fewer show every year belittling a once proud org. I will tell you when pre-registration starts or when the governor sends a document to spend money on the WSRC.

At least Ned cared.

35. CoachB

CoachB New Member

Give up, Pumpgun.

I think you"re smart enough to realize that regardless of what you think, believe or know, you will always be wrong.
    Whether or not you really are wrong doesn't matter.

PumpgunBob likes this.
  36. LadyT

LadyT Mega Poster

Will someone make up their mind. Is it May? Is it June? Is it some other date? Plan? How can anyone plan when no one can get the date right that is if it is happening at all.

37. PumpgunBob

It's in June at the WSRC. 23, 24, 25, 26.
    Do you really care lady?
    Are you coming?

38. davidson

davidson Active Member

That date is not what papa27 said

39. oleolliedawg

Gee, same week as the Ohio State Shoot-that should be a tremendous success. Anyone taking bets now which shoot draws more shooters?

I suppose it took a little longer to lick stamps, create a program, proof read it, get it to the printer and arrange pre-squadding than these amateur shoot managers ever dreamed of.

At least it's a bit easier to find some loaders and pullers for a shoot in June!

40. PumpgunBob

Nice cast there Davidson.

Scroll back to up a few post.
    I don't feel like explaining it all again.

41. davidson

davidson Active Member

hmmmm. Now why would the ISTA and the ATA not know when their shoots are? Yeah.....making my plans now for some date.

42. wpt

This way they get more camping spots rented which of course generates revenue but confuses the locals ... The latest information is it will be in 2016, someplace, so make your reservations now ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

dr.longshot likes this.
  43. dr.longshot

They can rent the Camping spots, maybe no shoot, but they can fish in the Ponds.

GB..............................DLS

wpt likes this.