Unwanted Drones

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Navy1, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Navy1

Navy1 New Member

Just wondering what shot should be used for unwanted drones? Factory or reloads?

2. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Not that they would know anything about that kind of thing but I would guess the boys at that pigeon shoot where it supposedly happened would say Federal 3-3/4, 1-1/4, 7-1/2. or even 6's would work. P154's.
    Flyersarebest

3. tarpmaker

tarpmaker Well-Known Member

The old faithful crow load. 1 1/8 ounce of 2's and lots of 800x.

4. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

That would work as a "drone killer".

For crows I used the same reload I used for trap. It was easier than changing anything on the PW and it worked just fine. Of course we always had a good blind,two electronic callers running and dekes so the shots were within 30 yards tops.
    47 years of chasing those buggers and over 65K of them killed so they must work OK.

Flyersarebest

5. butterly

butterly Mega Poster

Is there a season on drones now? They are non-domestic and non-native. Usually some sort of import. Non-native species should be considered a nuisance.

6. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

7. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Depends on the size of the drones, those small ones w/4 propellors, I would use my Longshot loads w 1 1/8th oz #6s at 1550fps. That bugger is coming down.
    DLS GB

8. oldphart

oldphart Mega Poster Founding Member

If they were close enough 1200 fps of 71/2's with a direct hit would be enough to bring them down, a feat any competent trapshooter should be able to accomplish.

9. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Oldphart: Let's use a little insurance and use #5s-#4s

GB DLS