Trying to go back to a pull trigger

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by dr.longshot, Aug 26, 2015.

1. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Does the gun down position, then calling for the target, like Int'l Sporting Clays, then coming up to the shoulder w/gun and pointing the target then firing help?

Gary Bryant......................Dr.longshot

2. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

Oh, hell, Gary. It's just a regular trigger. Shoot a few boxes of 9mm, and you'll have forgotten all about every other type of trigger.

3. Trap 2

Trap 2 Well-Known Member Founding Member

Gary... I have tried it all in my desire to return to a pull trigger, to no avail. Nothing, to date, has worked for me. I'm totally convinced, at this point, that I will never be successful at going back, and I'm not going to waste anymore time, and effort, to do it....

4. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

I do not have a problem with handguns or rifles Smoking357, just trap.

Gary Bryant...........Dr.longshot

5. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

Let's be honest. You aren't having a problem in Trap. You just prefer a release. I'll bet the targets are falling from the sky as they always have.

6. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

I think it was Phil Kiner who wrote an article for Trap and Field or maybe his own blog about going back to a pull trigger ... He said they if you use a trigger with 4 pounds as opposed to 3 pounds pull it could be done with practice... I have release triggers for guns in case someone needs to borrow a gun at a shoot but I do not shoot a release ... I have tried them and my mind tells me it is all wrong ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

dr.longshot likes this.
  7. Bat

Bat Mega Poster

For me, it seems to work quite well for occasional shooting with a pull trigger, so yes it helps. But I can't say I've ever tried it repetitively like in a competition.

8. dr.longshot

Not quite, last night I tried shooting, but was not yet comfortable with my balance holding a loaded gun, I broke my target, then had a stand in, to finish.I did not use the gun off shoulder technique

Gary Bryant.................Dr.longshot

9. dr.longshot

I gave up on a PULL TRIGGER, sent receiver out for a release.

10. dr.longshot

Now how do I delete this thread, it is now useless

Gary Bryant...........Dr.longshot

11. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Gary,

Google it, there are a few really good articles about reverting back to a pull trigger ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. dr.longshot

OK