Trouble Brewing on the Horizon

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Seitz9010, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Seitz9010

Seitz9010 Mega Poster

First we had a couple idiots at the Grand trying to raise support to have Brad and another individual removed from the ATA Hall of Fame for comments someone thought they shouldn't had made. Now it seems things are getting really serious. Bad enough someone thought it was the American way to penalize free speech now we have individuals placed on double secret probation without even being made aware of this terrible penalty. Longshot, WPT, Familyguy, Flyersarebest and Moderator1 will probably be voted on at the secret meeting this evening. Trap2 is a special case as he's not shooting ATA. I hear they are going to send him a stern warning by certified mail with a strong letter to follow. Sorry guys!

2. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

Seitz9010;

These same couple of idiots probably voted for Oboma also. They probably also think you can pick up a turd by the clean end. Were they EX B.O.D. members? Roger C.

dr.longshot and wpt like this.
  3. Leonidas

Leonidas Mega Poster Founding Member

This is the first I've heard about this,

Where do I find some information on the subject?

4. Seitz9010

Seitz9010 Mega Poster

Roger, I don't know who started the idea but I was surprised at some who considered it a viable idea. I'm sure a couple ex's were in the conversation. Pretty shitty when you want to rewrite history or erase a mans stellar accomplishments because he holds different ideas.

5. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

Do not call the HOF building. As per Governor Rauner no one will be there after midnight until............?

6. N1H1

N1H1 Mega Poster Founding Member

I don't believe a word of it! And you shouldn't either!

Remember: You heard it here first.

N1H1

Ed Yanchok likes this.
  7. Family Guy

Double Secret Probation! That sucks!
    You are never told when you are on "Double Secret Probation."

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  8. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

WOW, I have not been on probation, let alone double probation since I got hired by the Fire Dept ... Past all of that probation (12 Months, training Probation) as we were supposed to and moved on from there to this ... "Double Probation", that means its twice as good and where do I get to vote ..?
    I do know there are many from the "Dark Side" that venture over now and then to find out whats going on in the real world ... God Bless them to, and all you all also ...
    WPT ... (YAC) ...

dr.longshot likes this.
  9. Family Guy

I am wondering if History Buff has any old newspaper clippings about DSP.

10. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Double Secret Probation? gal-animal-house-group-jpg.jpg
    At least I can count on these guys to vote to keep me around.

I think the guy in the green shirt has a rolled up graph in his mouth

Flyersarebest

11. Family Guy

Just in new shirt for the forum.

shirt.jpg

See Sew-it-You Say in the vendor section.

12. Seitz9010

Seitz9010 Mega Poster

N1h1 - well why don't you ask your friends if the conversation took place. My information comes from a person who was approached on how he felt about the idea. So you believe what you want but some people out there felt removing Brad and one other individual would be appropriate because they thought Brads comments were hurtful to the sport.

13. duffkjs06

duffkjs06 Mega Poster

Who is the other guy?

14. Family Guy

Is the other guy chubby with a strange chin?

15. Leonidas

Very few details, no way to verify accusations and nameless parties are usually the signs of a made up story.

Ed Yanchok likes this.
  16. N1H1

Seitz9010, the title of this thread is "Trouble Brewing on the Horizon." And that's what's not true. For several reasons:

1. None of the people that count have ever been to this site. They may have heard of it, (most haven't,) but will never, ever, even glance at it. It is a matter of principle with them. That's why this site is so irrelevant. There are lots of people in the ATA who run things at many levels and what is written here has no influence at all on them. Americantrapshooter.com talks only to itself. They, based on what they have heard, consider it madhouse, a zoo. When the zoo animals howl to the full moon, who listens?

2. Because of the above, they neither know nor care what his posted there. They certainly have their strong opinions about at least some of those who post here, which they freely share with me, but to think that would have any Hall of Fame effect is just totally nuts.

What you have written is, in short, close to the dumbest thing I read here recently. And I'll back it up. How about a bet, my wager being that none of what you have claimed goes anywhere. I'll start a a grand, peanuts to the money shooter here. They may want some of the action; if you can't cover it, call them. You call or raise. I have a limit in mind, of course, but it's not based on losing, it's my trust of your paying. We'll soon see who knows what he is talking about. We will need a time limit for anything to happen, of course. How about 1 January, 2016 for Brad being thrown out of the HOF. Not for the small fry to have their memberships revoked; who knows what they would do to help you win. And two days to accept the bet or fold. Then we will need an escrow account to hold the stakes. But that's easily arranged.

How about it? Are you a betting man?

N1H1

Ed Yanchok and Leonidas like this.
  17. Seitz9010

Seitz9010 Mega Poster

N1H1 - you go play your games anywhere you want. You call your friends on the Hall of Fame committee and ask them if there was discussion regarding Brad and his friend being expelled from the hall of fame because of unhappiness with his comments on the Internet. I already know the answer because a person I've shot with for years was approached regarding his opinion. I stand by what I've said if you don't like it that's too bad. As far as betting I doubt anyone who was in the discussion would have the balls to admit it on this website so there can be no fair bet as there would be no honesty on the part of those who had the discussion. Nice try but no thanks I don't bet against a stacked deck. While the tread was written in jest the part regarding Brad and his friend shows how stupid things can get as it is TRUE.

18. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Seitz9010, I enjoyed your fishing trip but also want to thank n1h1 for sticking up for me. It's going to be a long winter, but fun. Getting thrown out of hof would be better than Rose never getting in. If the petition was passed around at the beer tent probably not many signatures anyhow. I would like to take the issue to a lawyer if it happens, but I'm afraid the HOF wouldn't have any money for me to get in a law suit anyhow. Spent it on the pole barn is my guess.

On another note I shot at Continental, Oh non registered 50 bird meat shoot on Sunday. It's a small 2 trap club in Putman County, they had 16 squads for a chicken lewis class shoot. I shot with Dave and Dirk, we all shot Model 12's, once again I say don't shoot against these guys for food. Dirk had a 50 straight and Dave a 47, me 45 the second time we shot. The first time we all had 45's. Continental faces South and is a tuff place to shoot but has good food and great guys at the club. Brad. Trap Shooting HOF member (to the best of my knowledge)

dr.longshot and Family Guy like this.
  19. N1H1

But that wasn't the bet, S. Not that anyone would admit to it, but rather a test of the truth of the thread's title, "Trouble Brewing on the Horizon." Of course no one would admit to any of this; think how stupid it would make them look! Thinking that either the ATA or the HOF gives a toss about what appears here! Sure, there are crazy people against this site, crazy people in favor of it. But your title infers that there is potentially some kind of real-world consequence for any of the bilge that endlessly sloshes across this otherwise static website. There isn't.

Do you want to bet on that? Again, here are the terms, "DB gets thrown out of the HOF by 1 January, 2016." It seems to me that if you think what goes on here ever touches reality, you would jump at the chance to make an easy $1000.00. There is still a day and a half to accept my wager. Let's see where you really stand - we will know tomorrow evening. See. . . or fold.

N1H1

Jo2 likes this.
  20. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet State HOF Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Brad just think how puffed up Grntitan, Hunter 04, and likes to shout could get if they could see this thread, but since they don't like this site I guess they won't get to participate. They seem to post about most everything with little knowledge, little substance, and never seem concerned that facts might get in their way. They might even get so excited they might start stutter typing. What ever the green man posts the great hunter jumps right on the bandwagon and says yup thats right. LOL

Dave Berlet

21. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Moderator

N1H1, I agree that most EC and more than likely most of the state delegates have no idea what goes on in either of the trap shooting forums.

That said and if true, how did we happen to get the punch for money added to ways of attaining extra yardage? Both you and I know but curious how many others might recall how that came about? You do recall how don't you?

Gibberish concerning Brad and Dave's opinions on how they feel our organization should be operated, as you say is just plain old BS! If true as S says and I believe him, looks as though the shooting sites isn't the only place where BS is spewed at times?

HAP

22. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

I wonder if persons within the ATA ever called for, and received, the banning of critics on other shooting forums.

It would make an interesting set of facts if the persons banned were ATA members.

Roger Coveleskie, dr.longshot and wpt like this.
  23. Family Guy

Hunter is barely old enough to post on this forum and has at least two usernames here.

smoking357 likes this.
  24. wpt

I am a lifer ATA member, I am on double secret probation if that counts for anything ... grntitan is going to start giving shooting clinics, says if Kiner and them can do it so can he ... So the first day the class will be on 16, the second from handicap (20.5 ) yardage, has not finalized the doubles yet ...

They threaten a person over there and that person responds and they get banned ... Still a no show, by the way ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

By advice of my attorney always carry a base ball mitt, if you carry a base ball bat in your car ...

dr.longshot and Michael McGee like this.
  25. Family Guy

If they take Brad's statue out of the Hall of Fame building then how many statues will be left in Sparta?
    Time for one of those stupid graphs.

Since it is closed and owned by the State of Illinois then who could verify the graph is right?

dr.longshot likes this.
  26. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

FG,

Last I knew there aren't any items in the THOF museum anyway...LOL

All still in storage until the mess shakes out ? :(

That being said, they can't take out what isn't there. :)

Brad will always be within our hearts no matter what they do. History will dictate that !!!

Dave

Roger Coveleskie and dr.longshot like this.
  27. wpt

Brad earned his way into the Hall of Fame, not sure he has done anything that could or would justify them removing his plaque or him for speaking his mind ... Last I heard this was a free country and freedom of expression and speaking your own mind is all part of it ... The ATA may not like a lot of things that are said about the way they do things, or things they have done but thats life in the big city and the suburbs ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

28. User 1

User 1 Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

N1H1 .... What would the 'bet' be for the location of the 2016 Grand ??????

And .... I understand your 'bet' was directed at the first post, but the 'title' is "Trouble Brewing on the Horizon", and the 2016 Grand location should 'qualify' as being 'on topic' to the thread title.

So .... "How about it? Are you a betting man? " ....

29. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet State HOF Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Brad there also was a 75 bird calcutta sunday at green county and they had 19 squads. 2 shoots within 50 miles of my home with a total of 35 squads shooting for fun, groceries, and money. Our local club can barely get 10 squads between all 3 events at a registered shoot. There are a lot of shooters out there, but only a few are shooting ATA. I guess that Mr Porter from the other site would be tickeled to have 35 shooters from his state let alone 35 squads.

Dave Berlet

dr.longshot and Michael McGee like this.
  30. Leonidas

LOL,

Whether you agree with N1H1 or not his request was at least reasonable. I guess one way to weasel out it is to come back with a ridiculous counter-offer.

On a serious note are you having trouble with your foot Gary? The reason I ask is when my BIL lost his leg (knee down) he was back riding his motorcycle within 6 months. The wrecked one was totaled so he bought a new one as soon as he got out of the hospital and ate the difference when the insurance paid up.

Dr Short shot likes this.
  31. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

It has not been 6 mos since I lost my left foot, it was amputated 4/13/15. it took 4 mos for my stump to heal, I have had my prosthetic foot approx. 5 weeks, just for your information, My condition I do not owe you any explanation, if you have been to the Cardinal Center during the Ohio State Shoot you would have seen me in a wheelchair. That was in June.
    This is not your grudge match so bow out. I never stabbed one of the best ATA presidents we have had in the back like N1H1 did to get xxxxx Target settings, which accounted for at least 500 add'l Grand Slams.

Gary Bryant.......................Dr.longshot

32. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

Blah, blah, blah. Nobody cares about your "bets."

You backed out of the International (really Continental) bet at your own precious Grand.

Longshot's challenge seems reasonable.

dr.longshot likes this.
  33. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

That explains it. I was shooting in Ohio, this weekend, and I heard some guys say "...they're at that Calcutta..."

dr.longshot likes this.
  34. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

N1H1 was the most hurtful thing that was done to the Sport was done by NW, he did not get a DSP, what he has done, has almost caused it's DEMISE, possible closing of the WSC

Gary Bryant.........................Dr.longshot

35. Leonidas

Gary, I don't know (or care) who set your tampon on fire but I am allowed to participate in an open forum. If you want to say something that you don't want anyone else to respond to use the PM feature.

Dr Short shot likes this.
  36. dr.longshot

Leon: I know what to do!

37. dr.longshot

another one added to the ignore list total of 5 now

38. Trap 2

Trap 2 Well-Known Member Founding Member

Send me a stern warning???? Go ahead.... It makes no difference to me and I could care less. What are they going to do; kick me out of the ATA? PLEASE BAN ME FROM THE ATA.... PLEASE DELETE MY SCORES. PLEASE CANCEL ME OUT.... PLEASE!!!! Just remember this, however, if you get me, you have to get us all.... Longshot, WPT, Familyguy, Flyersarebest, Moderator1, Brad, Dave, Smokin357, and on and on and on..... Meanwhile, I'll just sit back and wait for the "strong letter" to follow.

39. Seitz9010

Seitz9010 Mega Poster

Roger C, I forgot to mention there may be individuals lurking that might try to invoke double secret probation for you also. I think it would be in your best interest to never again mention any missing Pat trap machines or give anyone the indication you think something underhanded may have ever occurred. You should be very, very careful now that you have the attention of the master manipulators. Yessir, be very, very careful! They have already identified another Arizona resident that needs monitoring. You know, you could say it was just a dream and maybe they'll go easy on you.

dr.longshot and wpt like this.
  40. N1H1

Crazier and crazier! More total BS from Seitz9010, again with no names, including her own. Just how paranoid can one website get? And why to any of you beleve any of this? Has Seitz9010 ever gotten anything right?

N1H1

41. Seitz9010

Seitz9010 Mega Poster

N1H1 - Well, I guess it's obvious that you're not a fan of my attempts at humor. The whole ATA - Sparta situation is so screwed up it needs a little sarcasm. You might feel better if you ignored those of us on here that like to make fun of things. As you said nobody of any importance pays attention to anything on here so why would you? Others seem to be able to distinguish humor from fact. I guess you're just an old crumudgeon chasing windmills. I'll post in color if it's something serious just for you.

smoking357 likes this.
  42. Bat

Bat Mega Poster

Gary,

I think I can put your concerns to rest over the "target sales" and "target costs" amounts being the same. Nothing underhanded there. All they are doing is splitting the shooting fee charged to participants into two parts, the first called "target sales" and the rest just shooting fees or something along these lines. The breakout is really meaningless and generally clubs just set the target sales portion equal to whatever the cost of the targets is. In plain English, they are just treating it as if they sold targets for cost, and the excess of the shooting fee over that is simply reported as a separate revenue item. Its fairly common.

43. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

seitz90,
    Let the lurker come on, I hope they are man enough to post their names. what can they do? kick me out of the ATA? My shooting career is about over anyway. At 79 yrs of age it is pretty hard to scare or impress me. There probably have already been phone calls trying to shut me up about the 8 machines. They are not going to be very happy when I make my next post on the matter. Sure would like to know who (THEY) are. The lurkers I'm referring to. Roger C.

44. Seitz9010

Seitz9010 Mega Poster

Roger I'm just having fun I don't know if anyone is after you, I just thought the double secret probation fun was about right regarding the feelings and thoughts of those in power. They seem uninterested in anything other then their thoughts and ideas. If you're not in the loop I believe they have no time for you. You and WPT have no filter and speak your mind which I think makes some uncomfortable. That's probably why shooters on this site like you guys. P.S. I'm still laughing over Flyers comment about Rammming Speeed

45. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Seitz9010 Don't loosen the drag to much, you're doing an excellent job of reeling um in as it is. Carry on. BD

46. wpt

I can honestly say I have been kicked out of better places than that more than a few times ... I used to hang is a few places I considered iffy at best if they even let someone like me hang out in them ... I ended up buying one of them just so I could close it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Family Guy likes this.
  47. DustedAnother

DustedAnother Member

We need a graph for that bet.

48. wpt

I would think a simple chart would be more than adequate to show the over all results and or outcome at sometime in the future ... This would probably go in the WGAS section and probably never been seen anyway ... WPT ... (YAC) ...