Sparta is 4 sale

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Palos shooter, Mar 25, 2023.

1. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Mega Poster Founding Member

2. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

3. Palos shooter

I know that it cost over fifty million to build the complex.Do you think the ATA could be a possible buyer.They are the ones that chose Sparta in the first place. Maybe Randolph County could buy it,How about Vista Outdoors?
    What will happen to the Hall of Fame building?

4. bobski

i know my old club bylaws have a clause for if the club closes and sells, allowing active members to be entitled to the spoils with 1st dibbs.
    was the museum on loan from ata or owned outright by the state?

5. TF1

TF1 Active Member Founding Member

Maybe a corporation could be created, say call it “Voice Call LLC” which could purchase it and then resell it to the ATA, all to benefit the association of course. Seems to have worked well for some before.

6. Palos shooter

Sixteen hundred acres is close to three square miles of property.Enough for a few sporting clay courses.
    There is enough room to move the ATA office on premise.They could also hold some Skeet tournaments on the combination fields.
    Too bad they have a motel and restaurant shortage.There at more motels and restaurants in Litchfield Illinois for the Illinois State Shoot.
    The Illinois gov prickster would like it sold, and then pass a law against shotguns
    Never trust a Illinois politician.

debshouseboy and MOE like this.
  7. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Who would have ever thunk it? Too bad no one warned the ATA and it's shooters' before they moved to Illinois from Ohio. I quess no one saw this coming.

The bigger thing than hotels that they miss is shooters.

8. Don Cogan

Don Cogan Bird Hunter Past OSTA President Founding Member

Now, hang on there Brad. I can’t remember his name but there was a former ATA Industry shooter that warned the ATA about the hazards of setting up shop in Illinois. If memory serves this guy is sort of a crazy dude, real tin foil hat wearing kinda guy. He used to shoot with a big guy that rarely ever missed a target. I don’t recall what gun company he worked for but I think it started with a “B”. I seem to recall he was a REAL snappy dresser when he shot but maybe I’m misremembering that part. What the heck was that guy’s name?

Dobyns likes this.
  9. User 1

User 1 Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

The person that has the magical skills to make that shit-hole in BFE operate in black ink ..... rides a unicorn and lives at the end of a rainbow in a big tree where they make cookies .....

I hope they give it to the ATA ..... as in for free ..... no charge ..... their Hedge Fund money wouldn't last long ..... then Trapshooting would be much better off without the distraction of trying to revive the dead horse called the ATA .....

10. bobski

i thought about buying it and moving it to vanzant, but decided the shooters wouldnt like the cattle grazing in the neighboring paddocks. heck, if all the shooters that normally came to a grand came to my place, it would look more like woodstock did by the time it was all done. you can get a lot of cattle on 3 square miles.

Ken Cerney likes this.
  11. bossbasl

bossbasl Mega Poster

Doubt the ATA has enough cash and access to capital to take ownership of the WSC property and still have a bit to line the pockets of the EC!

debshouseboy and BRAD DYSINGER like this.