SCAMMER ALERT ! STURCO

Discussion in 'Report the Bastards!' started by tacb, Feb 15, 2024.

1. tacb

tacb Active Member

Just a heads up … BUYERS BEWARE

2. Reyper

Reyper Mega Poster

Can you elaborate? Good shooting, Rey

3. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Be careful about where you point a finger. The guy posts his name on any of his posts. I went back and looked at all his posts. If you did that, you would see this reply about him from a Founding Member and a State HOF inductee.

"Good man to deal with! Nice gun!"

Did you contact the administrator or one of the Moderators before you decided to post that he was a scammer?

4. tacb

tacb Active Member

I was contacted by PM not on the thread I posted . The pictures I was sent of the gun that was supposed to be his, I found the same pictures on the internet. I sent my phone number and asked to speak to this person but was given multiple excuses why they could not speak to me over a several day period. It looks and sounds just like alerts I have seen posted by administrators to be aware of . I will not post about this in the future and others can figure it out on their own. Hopefully not by being cheated out of several thousand dollars.
    I assume if you feel it is unwarranted, you have the power to delete my post . I did not contact the admin before making the post.

5. Flyersarebest

Did you read the thread a while back about a well-known trusted member had his account hacked? Someone used his name to try and sell a gun.

AND, the last 2 posts by Sturco were 1/26/23 and then the latest was 9/15/23.
    Sturco signed his name as Steve on his posts.
    Did you get the FULL name and address of the guy trying to sell you the gun?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2024
  6. tacb

tacb Active Member

I did go in and read some of his most recent comments in February. All of which were comments weeks after the threads had been posted. I could not get him to give me name or address. He did say he lived in New York, but his area code was an Arizona area code.

7. Flyersarebest

Do you mean that this month, February, you read his comments, or you read his comments that he posted in February? Because when I searched ALL FORUMS, his last comment was September, 2023.

I sent him this PM.

I don't know if you even look at the site anymore, but someone has posted that you are a scammer. I asked the accuser if he was SURE it was you and he said the person he talked to claimed to be from NY but had an AZ area code.

A few months ago we had a person that was using a members account to try and scam people. I hope this is the case with you and someone tried using your name. If you want to be able to post on this site again, I suggest you go on the thread and tell people that you are a legit member.
    I also want you to PM me with your name, address, and phone number. I won't post the info, but I will call to make sure everything is on the up and up.

Thanks
    Flyersarebest

And tacb, search "Quarternelson". A founding member and a State HOF member and read his post about Sturco selling a gun back in 2020. "Great guy to deal with and a great price on a beauty!"

It sounded like he knew Sturco and was vouching for him. I would be willing to wager $1000.00 that Quarternelson isn't working on helping a "scammer".

Last edited: Feb 18, 2024
  8. tacb

tacb Active Member

I understand. My thoughts were that this person was trying to scam me and I hoped to just get a warning out there to keep it from happening to others. I will forward information to moderators moving forward.

9. Flyersarebest

It sounds like someone was trying to scam you. I'm trying to find out if it was the guy you accused.