Scam on GunBroker

Discussion in 'Report the Bastards!' started by Reyper, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Reyper

Reyper Mega Poster

Hey Guys, had a friend reach out to me in regards to a Krieghoff on GunBroker he thought would be a good candidate for a restoration and upgrading. Asked my opinion and I proceeded to contact the seller. Just want to let everyone here know this is a complete scam as the guy tried desperately to bullshit his way through the conversation. I was so sure he was full of it, I asked him a question I knew he would get tripped over and sure as hell, he did. Had him on speakerphone in the car and my wife and I had a good laugh as she knew what I was doing. I have reported the listing to GB and hopefully they will take action on it. Don't want any of my friends taken so I am posting this BOLO on several sites. GB item # is 967956434, Krieghoff k80 SS. This further goes to show how MODS here do what they do and implement certain things to protect us. It's a jungle out there. Stay vigilant. Good shooting to all, Rey

2. THEUNLOADER

THEUNLOADER Mega Poster Founding Member

Good job Rey !!---Everyone appreciates all the help they can get !

3. icyclefar

icyclefar Active Member

Sadly I see scam listings repeatedly on GB

No one is selling you a $15,000 K80 for $3995

Larry Scott and JSKOLAR1 like this.
  4. A26A

A26A Mega Poster Founding Member

Thanks Rey

5. gwphunt

gwphunt Active Member

Thanks Rey. I just passed on a WTB post I had up.Seller to eager to sell,side step a question and first reply was a PM. No one else could see.

6. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

moving this to the forum where it will do best........