Reclaimed Federal 209 Primers

Discussion in 'Reloading Bench' started by Tbuck65, Feb 18, 2024.

1. Tbuck65

Tbuck65 Member

I have a general question regarding reclaimed primers. I found 5K primers a year or so ago and noticed that in the 100 package there were pink and green colored primers mixed together. I have used Federal primers in the past and knew that they were pink in color. Just wondering if anyone has an idea if the green ones are the same as the pink. Thanks in advance.

2. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

same enough not to cause problems. ive had some too. they went bang.
    back in the early stages of the primer shortage, people who I thought were honest club members, combined old primers together to make 500 so they could trade for other things like my rifle and pistol primers.
    I got home and noticed old, cruddy ones mixed in with old Winchester and cci...and in some cases, some flats were missing primers all together buried down 4 flats in.
    so, I just loaded up what I had....and did well. no bloopers.
    as far as the guys who did it to me....I let them know what I thought.

3. hullsnatcher

hullsnatcher Active Member Founding Member

I bought 10,000 of the Federal Primers with the different colors. I shoot and load a ton of Federal Papers and I haven't had a blooper yet. They all seem to go bang regardless of color. Buy em' if you can get em' and be glad that you got em'.......................