Pat Tully - Idaho Gun Builder

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Whiz White, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Whiz White

Whiz White Well-Known Member

I had the recent pleasure in working with rifle builder Pat Tully in Lewiston, ID.

Being a rifle builder, he's a maticulous gun mechanic and I was thoroughly enthused that he succumbed to working on an older Perazzi belonging to a local shooter. I like to see more folks doing these gun repairs. Talked Ernest Marlette into doing this a few years ago.

I sent Pat some Perazzi parts and he called to pick my brain about the scheme and methodology in fitting the parts. It was an old Perazzi; different barrel for the receiver, and Pat had a time getting things to fit. I felt badly because under standard/normal circumstances it should have been a fairly easy job.

Problems just kept coming up. From a fairly straight-forward action block install, he ended up finding a cracked Top Lever. It was one of "those 300-400" Perazzi's where Italy used undocumented different parts. We are now trying to get him a replacement top lever, particularly after P-USA sent him direct a top lever for a TM gun. I felt terrible he was having such a tough time because he's about as fastidious of a gunsmith there is. I even contacted Roberta Perazzi in Italy about getting more parts into the US.

The fortunate deal in all of this is that I became a pretty good friend with Pat during our many phone calls.

In the end, the mailman dropped off a package to me from Pat. He made me a custom leather shell carrier. I was astounded and very appreciative. Next time I head to Portland to visit my son, I am stopping to see Pat.

My hat is off to Pat Tully, truly a gentleman.

Whiz

dr.longshot likes this.