My HP Computer program was changed

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by dr.longshot, Oct 6, 2022.

1. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

May 1st 2021 Microsoft changed my computer program, and I cannot get to my Control Panel Settings. It is a added App.Cannot change my Homepage.

GB..............................DLS

2. Bc99

Bc99 Member

I Hate updates

3. John Trap

John Trap Well-Known Member

Maybe the ATA is trying to hack you....

4. King Shark

King Shark Active Member

No matter the update go to the window menu, where you can find
    Shutdown
    Restart
    Sleep.

you will also find the settings around there and easily navigate to ctrl panel. Hope this helps.

5. Remshooter

Remshooter Mega Poster Founding Member

Try to restore your computer to before the update.

Alan

6. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Control Panel is now an APP. no control over browsers, Home Pages. Thank Microsoft for this, May 1st 2021 all hell broke loose w/Microsoft. Microsoft took all Programs off Hewlett Packard, and changed them, Buyers no longer can get or use Control Panel. it's an APP now. I lost control of my E-mail by Microsoft, they took my passwords w/o my permission AND MY pROGRAM on my new HP Computer I had just purchased. Is there a free program using Windows 11? Besides Microsoft?

GB...............................................DLS

7. dr.longshot

Any of you have a new HP Purchased between January 2021 and May 1st 2021 and lost all your Original Programs?

GB................................................DLS

8. DrSeitz

DrSeitz Silver Seitz #618

Best advice I could give you is switch to a Apple MacBook, they are much more reliable than windows. Everything backs up consistently, if you can use an iPhone, you can easily use a macbook.

With that said, send me the list of programs that you lost on your windows after the update, I can help you out with getting them downloaded again and reinstalled.

harryone likes this.
  9. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Good luck DrSeitz