It is time for mandatory blind draw and walking the field

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Johnson, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Johnson

Johnson Active Member

If the big venues cannot police themselves, which they have proven they can’t, it is time for the delegates to mandate a blind draw rule. And with that also mandate walking the field.

You learn in the morning what traps you shoot on. And if possible not on successive traps. Equal trap difficulty for everyone.

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Fine for the youngsters but the oldsters won't be happy. 40 years ago it was super. Blind draw is great but that would eliminate favoritism and won't fly with the powers at the top.

3. Tom in PA

Tom in PA Active Member

I think blind draw ranks right up there with term limits. Makes perfect sense, but with the foxes guarding the henhouse, it's time may never come...

4. paBOB

paBOB Well-Known Member

If the great trapshooters really were great we would have the above in PA. Unfortunately corruption has its roots too deep in the sport. Especially PA.

So why do only the select get to select their trap in PA? Institutionalized corruption. It isn’t about having a fair field.

Don’t give me the crap about old farts can’t walk. They all have carts now. We just don’t have honest leaders here.

oleolliedawg likes this.
  5. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

i saw this happen in 600yd rifle matches where some points were near trees and it caused a zero wind advantage. all the top shooters always got 1 thru 4 mysteriously before anyone else.

oleolliedawg likes this.
  6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Not all old farts drive a cart but they can drive to any bank of 4-traps. It'll never happen in PA because favoritism rules. Enjoy bank 5 or stay home!