I just found a 3 page letter I Wrote to the ATA

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by dr.longshot, Aug 28, 2023.

1. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

It was about the Changes Neil Winston was responsible of changing targets to 17 degree angles,, Increasing 1 oz shells to 1290 fps and 1-1/8th to 1250 fps and saying it was a 3 dram load, and the arguments Neil and I got into when Imsaid it was a 3-1/4 dram load , this brought about my 3 page letter to the ATA w/my disputing all the changes That Neil made, I really dressed him down about all the Shell and target changes, Plus the changes taking all the Powers away of the Life Membership so they could sell The Vandalia site, and make the move to Sparta, That's when Our Former President Hugh McKinley took all of his Trapshooting Material out of the Vandalia Museum, I know Dave Berlet remembers Hugh McKinley's actions. It brought back a lot of my memories, The original Grand Slams there were only 42 of them, it really Blossomed to over 500 on those xxxxx TARGETS, No Other Sport has done anything like that to my knowledge, Would Golf move the Distances shorter, Football shorten the Goal to 85 yards, Baseball shorten the Bases.

GB..................................................DLS

Flyersarebest and BRAD DYSINGER like this.
  2. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

brilliant comparisons!!!!!!!

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

I've got a pile of those old black Winchester/Western handicap loads from the 80's. Anyone know how fast they were going. They punished the shooter and the targets. That was over 40 years ago!