I had to do something

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by dr.longshot, Aug 11, 2016.

1. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

I guess I was a compulsive re-loader especially after losing my left foot to age, I wore out the ankle. I had a lot of idle time so I loved reloading shells, I lowered my expectations by loading 1 oz loads, after 50 years of loading 1 1/8th oz loads. I went to installing my Extra Full Choke Tube in my Fabarms Axis RS-12 Un-single.

I kept re-loading and putting shells in boxes of 25 in the trunk of my car. Well getting started early in the mornings and late evenings after the sun went down, Put those boxes of 25 w/loading details on a White Stick on label on every box into the 10 box flats.

I totally surprised myself as I had been driving around with 12 Flats of loaded shells in my trunk, and was still getting 30+ mpg on my 2013 Chevrolet Implala LS with the 3.6 Litre V-6 w/308 hp.

I can tell the difference in my vehicles handling, I now put 8 boxes of shells in my Leather Shell bag I won in 1979, I put 4 boxes 1 oz loads, 1 box Buddy Line Back ups, 2 boxes Buddy Line loads, 1 box 35.7 Grs Longshot w/1 18th oz #6s for long range shoot offs.

The 4 boxes of 1oz 7.5s are for registered shoots and games. I still stowed several boxes of my Super Shells if needed.

How many of you other shooters have been addicted w/ shells like this in your vehicle.

Yours in Sport
    Gary Bryant............................................Dr.longshot