How many have added weight to their 870 or model 12

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by archangel, Apr 3, 2015.

1. archangel

archangel Member Founding Member

I use my 870tb as it came from remington. But I'm interested how many have added weight to their lite gun, and were: mag tube or stock. Mike

2. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member Founding Member

My Model 12 (a "Y") has two shells (full of shot) ahead of the follower in the tube and I also had the butt poured full of shot. Made it a twelve plus pounder but it didn't kick a bit. Once it's on your shoulder you don't notice the weight a bit. Kept my arms in good condition too.

Hap MecTweaks likes this.
  3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Moderator

I add weight to all my guns stocks and in my model 12s mag too.

HAP

Simon engraving likes this.
  4. 16gun

16gun Active Member Founding Member

Ditto here to for Mod. 12 weight in the stock and mag tube.

Hap MecTweaks likes this.
  5. Larryx

Larryx New Member Founding Member

I added weight to all my Mod. 12.

6. fredoniarob

fredoniarob Active Member

I add stock weights.
    36" trap barrel provides enough swing

7. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

I have added some weight to the mag tube (1 Shell full of shot) , not sure it did anything for recoil (which was not a problem) but it did make sure I didn't stop the gun when swinging at targets ... The gun was heavy to begin with @ 9#'s from the wood in the stock ... I am going to venture back to shooting the Model 12's, will be selling a few Perazzi's if I won't be shooting them ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. Gerald

Gerald Mega Poster Founding Member

Why screw up the balance of a 12 which I always thought was great??

1 oz. loads work great, especially with 8 1/2 shot. Good for short Hdp.,especially on calm days.. Tolerable recoil.

Regards.....Gerald

9. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

I could not even tell it was in the Mag tube after a few shots ... Never thought about it so it was a non issue and the balance was not hampered in any way ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Took the gun out and weighed it, and checked balance ... The balance is now perfect so obviously it was not right before putting the shell with shot in it into the Mag tube ...

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015