How did the Great American Trap Shoot get to Illinois anyway?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by MarshJe, Aug 26, 2015.

1. MarshJe

MarshJe New Member

I grew up in Vandalia, left when I was in seventh grade as my Dad got a job in Florida. So we moved. A few years ago a "buckeye" visitor to Florida told me the news that Vandalia had lost the Great American (GA). I recently went back to a much changed Vandalia, the town had grown since I had been there, I was greatly saddened by the loss of the GA as I had a lot of good childhood memories there.

I have not heard a solid and consistent story of how Vandalia had lost the Great American, one story was it was sold to Sparta, but upon visiting I now believe the GA was lost to airport expansion, due to a new runway. But this is supposition on my part. I don't recall the back fence along the runway being as close as it seems now?

Can someone please tell me what happened or will happen now that Illinois is closing the facility?

dr.longshot likes this.
  2. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Yep, kin ya believe it, one day we all went there an it was up and gone, they even took all them trap machines ... You wood of thunk they wood of toll some a us butt they didn't say nuthin, just up and be gone like et ... They took all the stuff wit to Illinoise someplace out in the middle a no place, no body coold fine it so they are goin to be gone too ...

dr.longshot and Family Guy like this.
  3. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

It wuz dun bi Supt. of Daten Muni. Erpurt agunst David Bopp ovr a apsssin grdg sayins hez gunning shutda shuttinz down

wpt likes this.
  4. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Big Yard Sale coming to Sparta bring your stuff, cost is 10% of your sale to da Illinois Guvernmnt Sale Date to be in September to be determined, There will be strip tease entries for biggest Knockers, Smallest Knockers, Most Pointed Knockers, Widest Butt, in 4 weight categories, under 120lbs, 120-150lbs, 150-175lbs and over 175lbs, Full Nudity, Bring your Cameras, entry fee of $25.00 Entries to be done in the IDNR events Center, Ex Guvnor Blagio to be judge.on special Gaurded Parole, More events coming.
    Added entry is Lynn Gipson Dunking Contest in front of The New Directions Grand Stands. $100.00 per pitch at 16 yds. and the NW-N1H1 Dunking contest at 13 yards, .50 cents for 3 balls, odds are there will be 100,000 pitches dunking him and his Graphs.

Gary Bryant................Dr.longshot

smoking357 and wpt like this.
  5. Leonidas

Leonidas Mega Poster Founding Member

Don't forget the Dr Longshot flushing contest!

Family Guy likes this.