How can Find my

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by dr.longshot, Feb 28, 2016.

1. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

How can I find my ranking in Ohio when I made the 27 yards, I believe I am in the TOP 20, I had a hard time finding a Long Yardage Squad to shoot Handicap in. There just was not many 27 yard shooters in Ohio in 1970-71. I do not know where to look at the archives for this information

Yours in Sport
    Gary Bryant............................Dr.longshot

2. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Google it ..? Maybe ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. jhunts

jhunts Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Trap and Field I may have a chronological list of shooters attaining the 27yd line and where they are from.

4. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Trap and Field would be the best bet, the site goes back for ever , have to do a search on it ... I typed in Gary B and it responded "WHO" ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Thanks guys I could not find anywhere in ATA records of 27 yard attainment by State

Yours in Sport
    Gary Bryant.................................Dr.longshot

6. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

Doc,

You finished the 1969 target year on the 24.5 yard mark with an .8994 handicap average.

You made the 27 yard line in 1970. Your handicap average was a fraction lower than the lowest average listed (ie: .8900).

Ohio's first shooter to make the 27-Yard mark was Johnny Sternberger back in 1956. I don't know that anyone has a list of the first shooter to make the back fence (27-yds.) by State except I compiled a partial listing some years back.

Check you PM's. I sent your 1970 averages to you.

1970 OHIO Handicap Average Leaders.jpg

7. davidson

davidson Active Member

Hey Dawg
    Check those averages! There are some big name shooters that could not straighten out those angles.

jhunts likes this.
  8. dr.longshot

Thanks Kenny, Those names bring back a lot of memories. Most of those averages are from shorter yardages than mine, Some of those shooters Like Jan Sitler shot more targets and traveled to more clubs, and Joan Sitler won a lot of events at the Grand American and Ohio State Shoot than you can count, Her husband Guy and her shot a lot at Airport Gun Club, /Paul Butterbaugh.

Look at my singles average for 69/70 it was pretty high as I remember, you don't need to post them, just for your info

Gary Bryant....................................Dr.longshot

9. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

Yep, in 1970 your singles average was .9693. on 1800 registered targets.

10. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Mega Poster Forum Leader

HB, IMO, your reads are Top Shelf stuff. So great to go back in time.

11. HistoryBuff

rookieshooter,

I truly appreciate your kind words. I just want to try to be helpful and entice folks to be interested in our shooting history.

Michael McGee likes this.
  12. dr.longshot

I made the 27 with a Solid Rib Model 12 which I bought at a Pawn Shop in Mt. Vernon Ohio, and I built my own Release trigger copying a Herb Orre Release/Pull trigger, in my Fathers Garage at the ripe old age of 28, I broke a 100 in Handicap with it in 1970 at Springfield Ohio on 4th of July from the 24.5 yard line, and the rest is History., Stupid me I sent it to Simmons and had a Model 12 Spade Brazed on the Reciever and a rib added that fit up to it, and flat down on the Bbl at the muzzle to make it shoot higher. later I traded it off for a K-80.

Yours in Sport
    Gary Bryant.............................Dr.longshot