How about a reloading thread.

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by HKMLOG32, Jan 24, 2015.

1. HKMLOG32

HKMLOG32 Active Member Founding Member

How about a reloading thread, some of us like fresh info about reloading.
    Thanks,
    Howard Miller

2. MODERATOR 1

MODERATOR 1 Administrator Staff Member

Hi Howard,
    This is also the reloading area. We keep as much of it as possible on one page. You got reloading issues or a question....start it. You may notice that our program is modified so we can get more threads on a screen. It is intended to be congested. We want the members to see what is new in the sport without moving around the site.

M1

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  3. MR JJ

MR JJ Guest

When shot gets down to $30.00 a bag and powder under $10.00 a pound I will start reloading again. Until then it will be Top Guns or some other equally inexpensive shell.

And when the prices do get down, that low I'm going to invite one of you fellow shooters over that says "I really enjoy reloading". I will bring you soda pops and treats so you can enjoy the experience.

JJ

4. Twoboxer

Twoboxer Member

What's that old saying? We know what you are, we're just haggling over the price. :)

Seriously . . . sales aside, arguably there can be a 25% savings reloading 12ga now vs $6.79/box. Shotshell reloading isn't as lucrative nor as important as eg rifle, and for many ~25% is not enough to spend the time and keep reloading. But for others, it makes an important difference. For still others, it extends the time immersed in their hobby. It takes all kinds I guess.

5. Laserwizard

Laserwizard Active Member Founding Member

The time spent reloading is likely dependent on which loader you are using.

I load on a Spolar and load 30 boxes an hour.

It is very much worth my time.

2atlow8 likes this.
  6. Leonidas

Leonidas Mega Poster Founding Member

3 flats an hour?

Best I can do with a hyd powered 800+ is 10 boxes (one flat) in 40 min and that includes loading the machine with powder, shot and primers at the start. The machine needs to be reloaded after 1 flat of shells (250).

But it usually takes me a little over an hour a flat because I'll watch tv (if it's a good show) and only reload during commercials.

7. Laserwizard

Yes sir. 3 flats an hour.
    Thats just loading, not boxing. My wife normally boxes for me. Shes pretty awesome.

8. Twoboxer

Twoboxer Member

Mishell couldn't even do that :)

9. HKMLOG32

Who has powder here in Northeastern Ohio, or some cheap shells? I'm looking for some Green Dot or Clays.
    thanks,
    Howard

10. Laserwizard

Give Sportsmens Den a call. They had a huge Alliant delivery not long ago.
    They are in Shelby, Ohio.

11. jmunsell

jmunsell Well-Known Member Founding Member

Powder is plentiful here in Oregon now but the price is still a little high. I bet that will come down in a couple months.

Like to find clays again.

12. PatMiles

PatMiles Member Founding Member

BINGO!

13. HKMLOG32

Just for information I load with a Mec 9000 Hyd. my kids use to box my shells before they left the nest. Since I retired I have plenty of time to load compared to when I worked.

I had quit shooting for 12 yrs but I'm back, always did enjoy shooting. I started playing golf, enjoyed it a lot but love shooting more. I'm a lot better at shooting.
    Thanks, Howard

14. Wishbone

Wishbone Mega Poster

I gave my last loader away about 15 years ago.

I think about replacing it sometimes.