HOF -- New People in Hall of Fame?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Family Guy, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

#2 Jim Bradford, chairman of the National Trapshooting Hall of Fame board, should be the next person inducted in the National Trapshooting Hall of Fame. That induction for being on the board that decided to spend $2.1 million on a site and building on property that they do not own.

That has to be one of the top 2 silliest decisions made in the trapshooting world. Jim has my nomination.

#3 The greatest blame game as if it was the State of Illinois fault they chose to build there. His statement to the Southern Illinoysan news… "how they in good conscience could let us spend a couple million dollars and shut this thing down, I don’t know."

# 1 Another nomination would be the person that first uttered the words....."lets make a deal with that guy Blagojevich." For that guy that first had the idea to move the biggest trapshoot away from the trapshooting population. To a bankrupt anti gun state no less. Yes. "That Guy" please step forward and be nominated.

2. THEUNLOADER

THEUNLOADER Mega Poster Founding Member

"ALL THE NUTS AREN'T IN THE CANDY BARS" !!!!!!!!

3. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

He does not deserve to have his picture in HOF.

Gary Bryant Dr.longshot

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2015
  4. Ed Yanchok

Ed Yanchok Well-Known Member Founding Member

As I recall, Jim was asked by our BOD to look into the proposals then on the table. There being few at the time, I believe that he rated the proposals from best to worst and, for an ATA that couldn't at the time afford to go anywhere else, he along with his committee, presented what was the best site available at the time. I can't think of any person who has worked harder to support shooting than Jim Bradford, before,during and after the move. I'm sure that he too would rather still be in Vandalia I'll not get into a pissin' match with you guys. Just posting my view on this subject. I was a State Delegate at the time and remember these facts quite well.

Ed Yanchok

5. Ed Yanchok

Remember that Jim only did what he was told to do. The delegates made the final decision to move to Sparta.

Ed Yanchok

6. Kiehl

Kiehl Well-Known Member

Ed-thanks for your view but:

The OP is about spending $2.1 million on a building on land you do not own, control, or have the ability to sell.

I am betting most CEO's would not make that decision and have a job.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2015
  7. Ed Yanchok

As I said, the delegates made the final decision, not Jim. I still think that Jim Bradford would be an excellent candidate for the HofF

Ed Yanchok

8. Wishbone

Wishbone Mega Poster

Most of the money we have is due to the investments made by Jim B.

9. paBOB

paBOB Well-Known Member

I do not think the ATA delegates have much to do with the HOF.

10. User 1

User 1 Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

"Most of the money we have is due to the investments made by Jim B." .....

Who is "we" ?????

Call it beating a dead horse ... but, I haven't felt like part of the "we" for a long time .....

Michael McGee and butterly like this.
  11. Ed Yanchok

S0rry, but I thought you were still talking about the home grounds move to Sparta.

Ed Yanchok

12. User 1

Actually the thread started about turning the Hall of Fame into a Hall of Shame ... not really "talking about the home grounds move to Sparta".

And "investments", that is not back into Trapshooting where it came from, so "we" can make more money ... is asinine.

If ... "we" had any say about the use of "our" money ... "we" would like to see it used ONLY for Trapshooting ... not "invested" into places based on 'profit only'.

13. Wishbone

Wishbone Mega Poster

LOL
    Making money and good investing creates a strong organization.
    Not much else to say as we are a long ways apart in our thinking.
    Have a great day and get out and shoot when you can.

14. User 1

Thank You for wishing me a great day and I will wish the same to you. Because ... "we are a long ways apart in our thinking" ... does not have to spoil anyone's day.

On some other thread we can discuss how a "not-for-profit" ... "Trapshooting" Organization should use "our" money.

Making money, for the sake of making money, becomes a moot-point when the people you are making it for does not agree with how you use it.

15. paBOB

paBOB Well-Known Member

What brilliant financial advisor would tell you to spend over 2 million on a building that will be sitting on land you don't own?

How are you going to blame the delegates? Maybe WB can tell us how it made the HOF stronger.

16. oldphart

oldphart Mega Poster Founding Member

If the State of Illinois closes the Sparta complex and 2 trailers will be required to move the Pat Traps owned by the ATA how many trailers will be required to move the ATA Hall of Fame building and contents. Just wondering.

17. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

OLDPHART ~~~

If the State of Illinois closes the Sparta complex and 2 trailers will be required to move the Pat Traps owned by the ATA how many trailers will be required to move the ATA Hall of Fame building and contents. Just wondering.

I "Hope" we don't have to find out !

Dave

18. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

I will be sitting on my hands on this.

Dr.longshot