hearing protectors that won't hit gunstock shooting trap

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by terrence salek, Apr 26, 2024.

1. I have tried the hearing protectors that go over the ear that will not hit the gunstock shooting trap....... balaona!!!. They hit!. They say they are extra thin....... they arn't. The type that goes inside your ear work but on the line commands cannot be heard with them.......OK which type are used the most an work the best? PLEASE please help..............................

2. Skeet_Man

Skeet_Man Mega Poster

It all depends on the physical structure of your head. If you have high cheekbones, nothing is going to work. It's not the side of the muff that's hitting the stock, it's the bottom edge, and since that's basically right next to your earlobe you're not going to do anything about that. If your earlobe is close to or touches your comb, you're outta luck.

3. Wayne J

Wayne J Mega Poster

What Skeet Man said. I've tried pretty much all of them and non work for me.

4. mudpack

mudpack Mega Poster Founding Member

The only hearing protection I've found that doesn't interfere with the stock are the custom-molded silicon inserts. I have a pair from E.A.R. that work pretty well and the price is quite reasonable.

5. Smokintom

Smokintom Mega Poster Founding Member

I don’t know about the command thing but for years I have used the Howard Leight Laser Lite ear plugs. They are the most comfortable ear plugs I’ve ever used.

6. I wanted to try the in your ear hearing protector this time. I really dont want to listen to music just hear normal talk levels and protective shotgun sounds.

7. Double20

Double20 Member

Maybe something along the lines of Walker's Game ears or similar. Allows you to hear (even amplify) low noises but has a circuit that cuts out high noises (like a gunshot) to protect your ears. Sounds to me like that is what you are describing.

8. anthony morton

anthony morton Mega Poster

I have a pair that rotates. You just rotate the cup out of the way of the comb and still retain hearing protection. You can buy them at harbor freight