Greetings

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by maierar, Jan 6, 2016.

1. maierar

maierar Active Member

Greetings all. New member here. I found this forum by accident while looking for some info on trap shooting.
    I shoot trap occasionally, not nearly as much as I'd like. I am still recovering from shoulder injuries which made trap shooting difficult, but its coming along and I hope to be doing a lot more soon. In the meantime, I shoot a few games a week and am working on the "mind" side of the game.
    Just about all of my trap shooting is done at Maidstone Gun Club, Long Island.

2. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

Welcome Maierar !

I sincerely hope they have a small trap league that you can participate in. I found that league shooting improved my mind side of the game without a doubt.

I needed that extra "Push" so to speak to concentrate on the target which just going out and shooting a round of "Practice" didn't do for me.

I just looked up the club you are shooting at..

WOW, quite a nice facility from what I could see.

For now my advice is to shoot the low recoil shells such as the 7/8 Oz. or 1 Oz. loads that are available until your shoulder gets well healed.

Enjoy the trap game, and don't pay any attention to the BS you will find on many of these shooting sites.

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  3. greta cesario

greta cesario Well-Known Member

B.S. And silliness from some who are not serious about keeping
    Our sport alive and well.

Greta c

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  4. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

Brad's friend, Are you the person that posted pictures of you trap gun and target collection? I have some targets you may be interested in. Roger C.