Fall back from place to yardage group

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Lost_pair, Jul 10, 2022.

1. Lost_pair

Lost_pair New Member

Is it correct that a shooter that qualified for a 6th place shootoff but forfeited should take the yardage group? Dalton Jennings in this example? Also Montana Fuller lost the 6th place shootoff but took runner up in his yardage group. Is this how it works?

Please see attached

Attached Files:

2. alf174

alf174 Well-Known Member Founding Member

Yes, it looks correct to me for Dalton Jennings.
    And Montana Fuller.

3. Paul T. Cyr

Paul T. Cyr Member

If they are not category shooters that is correct.

4. michigan_berry

michigan_berry Active Member

It could still be correct (and looks right to me) regardless of category. If the score does not qualify for a category trophy, it can compete for place/yardage/class.

5. robb

robb Well-Known Member

I think it's a damn shame that there even needs to be a discussion as to who gets trophies. Maybe there's too many?

6. michigan_berry

michigan_berry Active Member

Other than the three “new” categories (Junior Gold, Sub-Vet and Lady 2) the number of trophies available seems to be the same as it was when I started shooting 20 years ago. I think the discussion almost always comes from the rule change regarding how categories are handled in regards to place/yardage/class. Once more people are familiar with the rule I think the discussion in that sense drops off and it becomes yet another discussion of the category system…

7. robb

robb Well-Known Member

It takes Trap and Field two months to publish the All American team because there's so many. One day we will all get a ribbon for showing up.
    We have cheapened up a once great game.

8. Dsteel

Dsteel New Member

Looks correct to me.