EC Meeting Dec 2016

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by 10Guns, May 19, 2017.

1. 10Guns

10Guns Active Member

Folks if your stomach is a little queasy I would not recommend reading ED Gipson's Grand American & Recommendation(s) for the 2017 Grand American report in the minutes of the EC Dec meeting. In a nutshell, everything is "rosey". Continue with the status quo. Pass the slurpees!!

2. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

I'll take the Pepto Bizmo before I read it..

Thanks for the heads up !!!

3. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Headed in a Fanasstastic Direction, no doubt ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. 10Guns

10Guns Active Member

WPT,
    I think you will be pleased to know that the ED has determined that since added money does not affect tournament attendance no program change is recommended for 2017. He also seemed somewhat confused with the 2016 increase in the playing of options and recommends further study as to why before making any changes. However, hats for the shootoff referees were "well received" and should be continued!!

5. wpt

I sincerely wish them all of the best, they are going to need it as long as they stay in the middle of no place in Illinois ... If you think the attendance dropping off is a good thing, you are part of the problem ... The lacking of attendance does not and cannot be off set by more people playing the money ... We used to give the referees for the shoot offs dinner as well as hats if they stuck around rather than head off to another bar someplace because we didn't provide them with free bottles of booze, a place to hide from the members, and munchies all week long at the Spring Grand when it was at the old Phx Club ... Guess you had to be there ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

This seems to remind us of the Oboma administration does it not? I think it is time to drain this swamp also. Roger C.

wpt likes this.
  7. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

I just read somewhere in the ATA web Site that 75% of the camping areas are already taken.

Let's see...75% of 15,000 ???

Or was 15,000 supposed to be 1,500 ??? Never did figure that number out.

8. wpt

There are 1,000 camping spots at the facility, last year to try and increase the amount of shooters many of the campers must of opened their doors to an additional 12 or so people per spot and gave them a place to stay according to the numbers that were advertised , besides the additional 15,000 people who were staying in places in the general area of the WSRC ... There is no doubt that it was a good thing that many people were in the area and on the grounds so 1745 of them could make the shoot an over whelming success (cough,Cough) even though the numbers were not what was anticipated ... The WSRC will probably never see the 100,000 plus shooters and visitors that used to be common at Vandalia which again is a number the ATA used to promote the State of Illinois to build the facility in the first place ... It probably seemed like 100,000 people because it was so crowded which is not and will never be a problem in Sparta ... The number of shooters the relocation to Sparta cost the ATA was to be covered by the number of shooters in southern Illinois to cover and off set the differential, many must still be diapers and not able to attend as of yet from the numbers that are posted regarding attendance and totals of shooters ... It takes time to build such a business, don't happen over night and or many nights obviously ... Have to stand by and see how it goes this year, they anticipate a much bigger crowd, probably 1800 attendees or so ... WPT ... (YAC) ...