Charles Daly, Italian, 20 ga SxS For Sale, Reduced 10/18...SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale-Wanted to Buy' started by Flyersarebest, Sep 18, 2023.

1. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Charles Daly Field III, Serial number 889xx, 20 Ga, 2-3/4" or 3" Chambers, Extractors, Single non selective trigger, 26" barrels. I used my brass stepped down choke tool and the Right barrel is CYL, the Left is IMP CYL. Great Grouse/Woodcock chokes. Weight is 5 lbs,11 oz.
    LOP is 14-1/8" to the center of the plastic buttplate.

Left barrel stamped, Charles Daly-Field III-Made in Italy
    Right barrel is stamped, EXC. Distributor-Outdoor Sports-Dayton, Ohio

From all the proof marks and research I did on this model it was produced by Sabatti. Barrel flat is stamped A1 inside a box. (1982) and has the same proofs as the water table. PSF under 2 symbols (Gardone Brescia) Shield with lion? under symbol, (Brescia), star above FINITO, +SGF+,

The gun is in 97% condition. High gloss Blue barrels except under the forearm, where it appears they decided to save money and not polish them there. There is some Blue loss where the front of the forearm touches the barrels but cannot be seen when the gun is assembled. Solid rib with one brass bead. Wood to metal fit is as good as on my Perazzi MX8. Machine engraved? full coverage on the coin finish receiver. Blued trigger guard with some engraving on it and a Gold trigger.

The stock and forearm are press checkering and looks as good as any pressed checkering can be expected to look. High gloss finish with some finish missing on the edge of the pistol grip. This gun was not a safe queen and was shot. There are handling marks in the finish from use but no deep scratches or cracks. Overall a great looking small game or Skeet gun that you can carry all day.

Feel free to contact me with questions. I also have close up pictures that would take up too much space on the site.

$1,025.00 Plus Shipping

Price is plus actual USPS PRIORITY shipping to your FFL. PLEASE make sure your FFL will accept from a NON licensee before you buy. If your FFL makes up his own rules and requires a FFL on my end, I can get one but his fee will be added to the shipping. I believe he uses FedX.

IMG_2857.JPG

Attached Files:

2. Flyersarebest

TTT, Price reduction

$975.00 Plus shipping

3. Flyersarebest

4. Flyersarebest

5. Flyersarebest

6. Flyersarebest

Bumped down to $900.00 plus shipping

7. Flyersarebest

8. Flyersarebest

9. Flyersarebest

10. Flyersarebest

11. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

i cant believe no one snagged this one fly's. simple solid design. good luck!

Flyersarebest likes this.