Bump stock = lock stock - sell'em while you got 'em!

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Union Strong, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Union Strong

Union Strong Well-Known Member

Collapsible after market stocks are much like the "bump stocks" in the eyes of many. If I had one it would be on the market. jmho

2. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Well-Known Member Founding Member

Union Strong:
    Hope you don't mind me asking, what in the hell are you talking about?

Ron Burdick

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  3. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

If I had two I would sell ONE.

Union Strong and grappy like this.
  4. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

Stock lock, and pro soft do not function like bump stocks. Bump stock pushes the gun into the finger. These stocks do not. Roger C.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    dr.longshot likes this.
  5. grappy

grappy Member

Right but - - - the stocks "Lock Stock" vibrate or collapse at the pull of a trigger. A little more spring and it would vibrate and "could" make a trigger repeat? Might depend how tight you have a pull on the trigger.

6. Roger Coveleskie

Will not happen, apparently you have never used one. Roger C.

dr.longshot likes this.
  7. Union Strong

Roger....please read my post a little closer.
    I won't be the person that is making the law. If a law is made you can bet it will be rather vague and other stocks will get lumped in. Do you really think the anti-gunners want to make sure the rich trapshooters have get to keep their guns that go "bump"?

8. Union Strong

This is from the Allen B West blog

Even leaving aside the question of how the ban might affect the legal status of rubber bands, metal bars, or pieces of wood (depending on the owner’s intent), Massie worries that the bill could prohibit products that may have nothing to do with the mass shooting in Las Vegas but are arguably covered by the ban. “There is an industry that takes your off-the-shelf firearm and improves the trigger so that you can be more accurate and shoot it faster,” he says. “Those implements aren’t designed to simulate full auto fire, but they could be read into the language of that bill.”

9. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

Did that law ever pass banning the thumb hole stocks in NY State ?

Perhaps it was in the SAFE ACT laws...

I'm not there any more but wondered if they banned that piece of wood ?

10. Roger Coveleskie

union strong, I did read your post again, I repeat you have apparently never used one. There is no vibration in the stock that could possible refire the trigger. It sounds to me that you are against the devise, because, as you state they are used by rich trap shooters. I am glad you are not writing the law against the bump stocks, I do not think you are qualified, or up to the occasion.
    I also am against the use of any devise that would make a semi auto fire replicate a fully auto weapon. Are you aware that there is a pull release trigger that can be installed on the very same weapon that will kick up the fire rare even higher than the bump stock? Roger C.

dr.longshot likes this.