Beretta SO4 choke question weird choke extensions see pics

Discussion in 'Skeeters Corner' started by Randy, Oct 9, 2023.

1. Randy

Randy Mega Poster

Bought a Beretta SO4 and it came with these weird chokes boxes marked briley S-2 custom series 2. But the actualchoke is not marked briley The chokes look like normal thin walls flush chokes but they have this half round metal cover barrel type metal not thin. Any ideas? Also can i get those small dents out of the end see pics most likely fell to ground sometime ago
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Wayne J

Wayne J Mega Poster

Trash the chokes with the dents. Your barrels are worth a lot more than a choke or 2.

3. sts1100

sts1100 Active Member

I think the chokes are for the bottom barrel and the "metal cover" as you call it is alignd so the opening is up, acting like porting. If you look closely the cover is held on with loctite.

I would call Briley to see if they can fix the dents if not I would throw them away

Mike Hessong* (MH*) likes this.
  4. Randy

Randy Mega Poster

Thanks will trash the chokes
    They certainly do look odd

5. magnett

magnett Mega Poster

just order some new Briley thinkwalls S-2 and throw these out

6. Skeet_Man

Skeet_Man Mega Poster

Briley Comp-Choke. They are timed to put the opening as 12 o'clock, which causes the gas to push the barrels down counteracting muzzle jump. A friend speculated the effect was primarily due to the extra weight at the muzzle, as he had some made in aluminum which were not as effective.

magnett likes this.
  7. magnett

magnett Mega Poster

i meant about the bent ones to not use and throw away. Agreed about the Comp-Choke function as skeet_man said,

8. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

early versions were commonly called (clam diggers.)