A real honest Trapshooter is a Sportsman and Shoots Sporting Targets

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by dr.longshot, Aug 15, 2016.

1. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

I call myself a Trapshooter as where we shoot the targets are sporting. A lot more difficult than the targets that are shot at ATA events

My Prosthetic Left Foot does hamper me a lot, traversing steep slopes, and stability in shooting.

The kids shoot from the same distance as the rest of the shooters, and they handle the distance very, very well, and Clean the Older shooters on a fairly regular Basis.

Our targets are 50+ yards, and our angles are set at Straightaways from posts #1 and #5. The shootoffs from the 10 bird events are shot from way off to the side w/extreme angles, and from a long distance back and off to the side, at sites chosen by the Lead off Shooters with the hope they can outwalk them and win, with 70-80 yard targets and wide angles over 30 yards to the side.

No shootoffs are the same, as their is no designated shootoff spot. Some may be shot across the road near the pistol range.

We have a lot of young boys and girls participating in these buddy shoots.

At the recent SCTP/AIM Championship Tournament at the Cardinal I was told there were 800 entries in the Annie Oakley.

Our shooters travel great distances some more than a 100 miles every Thursday and Friday Night, on Wednesday Nights we have shooters using 28 gauge and 20 Gauge guns against the 12 ga in 100 bird events, 50 16yds and 50 Hdcp and do quite well.

This is just food for some thought about a more difficult Clay Target Shooting Agenda being done in South Eastern Ohio.

Yours in Real Sport

Gary Bryant......................................Dr.longshot