70/30 or 60/40 POI for 16yd and Doubles?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Ernroe, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Ernroe

Ernroe Well-Known Member

What is best POI for 16yd and doubles?

2. ric1911a1

ric1911a1 Active Member

Whatever works best for you. I like 75/25 for everything, but many prefer higher...................

3. Smokintom

Smokintom Mega Poster Founding Member

4. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

When I first started shooting I shot 60-40, when I quit I was up to 100% high. The older and more experienced a shooter gets my experience is that they all go to a higher shooting gun than they started with.

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Brad nailed it.

6. settersit

settersit Active Member

Exactly, after 2 shoulder surgeries on same shoulder and after waiting to heal, I couldn't hit anything , I had my guns set a 100% high. Set them back to 80/20, it was good to break birds again. Slowly raised comb, lowered rib, a little at a time, maybe 5% at a time, you will know when you need to raise it if you've shot awhile. It took some time but all of a sudden, I was back at 100% high, then I realized I was back where I was before the surgeries. My caps gun is even a bit higher. I like to see the birds, let them float if you will, it's how I like my guns to shoot.

7. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

also, a lot hats to do with what brand of gun you are shooting, A Seitz usually shoots at at least 100%, my Infinity shoots @ 140%-, but my Beretta 391 shoots @ 80/20

8. mudpack

mudpack Mega Poster Founding Member

With enough practice, you will learn to break targets consistently with any POI.
    Even with a 30/70.

My point is: you have to learn what POI works best for YOU.

9. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Plenty of wasted expensive ammo awaits your quest.

10. Ernroe

Ernroe Well-Known Member

Thx for all of the feedback.