1970's trap shooting items from Sports Afield

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Dbl Auto, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member Founding Member

I have a buddy who bought a bunch of old mags from the 1970's. He is going through them and then letting me look at them. Here is a 1976 All American article, a front cover of Mr Rudy Etchen with a sweet Remington M32, and a couple of advertisements that are pure 70's. Enjoy!
    Doug
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Wishbone

Wishbone Mega Poster

Dbl Auto
    Thanks that was excellent.

3. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

Ah, that old Remington Nylon 66 is memorable.

I just completed reviewing a manuscript for a potential book deal regarding a comparison of endurance shooters Adolph Toepperwein and Tom Frye. Mr. Frye used the new Nylon 66 to set his world record of 100,004 out of 100,010 wooden blocks in 1959. Reportedly he shot for 8-hours per day over 13 days. He had a run of 32,860 without a miss and also hit 1,700 in 20 minutes.

A great achievement by a great shooter but his feat was made with much controversy.

Quaildog and Hap MecTweaks like this.
  4. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

We were sitting in the beer tent one year and Susan Nattrass was at another table talking with some of her friends. Of course these friends were some of the hottest shooters at the time.

They were all having a good time and someone brought up the subject, what do you do every night as you are trying to fall asleep? She said she mentally shoots a hundred targets, one at a time.

Just trying to be funny, one of the guys asked her, "What happens when you miss one"? They all laughed, knowing that she didn't miss many.

Her answer, with a slight smile,

"I shoot it again"

Most of the guys laughed at that. For about 2 seconds, then it sank in.

Check out her Tee shirt in the T&F picture.

Flyersarebest

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  5. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Has anyone checked the prices the really minty ones are bringing? Who would have thunk it?

I sold a NIB factory special run Apache Brown 66 with a boxed Tasco 4X scope inside the rifle box about 4-5 years ago for almost $600.00

Talk about thru the roof increases.

Flyersarebest

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Moderator

In 1976, Sue Nattrass had the lady's high singles average with a 98.xx

That lady sure can shoot!

HAP

Flyersarebest likes this.