"This is a big barn" - Gispon about ATA HOF building

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by LimaShooter50, Sep 21, 2017.

1. LimaShooter50

LimaShooter50 Mega Poster Founding Member

I stumbled onto this comment from Gipson to the media this summer about the Hall of Fame Building.

"When they were building the building, people were thinking, This is a big barn."
    - Gipson July 28, 2017 to the Herald Review.

You gotta love this guy. Who would we have to laugh at?

2. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

As a statement was once told to me:

"AND THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YE LAUGH"

3. N1H1

N1H1 Mega Poster Founding Member

The full quote:

"Finally, this is the second year the National Trapshooting Hall of Fame will be open during the Grand. Gipson said the Hall of Fame was well-received last year.

“It was great,” he said. “There were a lot of people that never saw the HOF because they had never been to Vandalia (Ohio). There was a lot of traffic over there.

“There have been some changes over there. They will have their silent auction over there. It was very well received. When they were building the building, people were thinking, ‘This is a big barn.’ They’ll never get everything on display at once.”

N1H1

4. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

Great quote.....this a "Big Barn." Gipson quoting others thinking the same thing. I wonder if they give lifetime achievement awards in the "Big Barn" for being instrumental in taking the sport out of trapshooting.

I guess if you donate enough. Anything is possible.

5. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Gipson was right when he said people thought it looked like a barn.

And the sentence," They'll never get everything on display at once" doesn't change the FACT that it does indeed look like a BARN!

Maybe if they put the price tag of the joint on the front and posted the amount the ata gave them,people might be impressed. Then again they might ask WTF were they thinking?

The place looks like a BARN.

6. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Amen, well said, I WAS THE FIRST TO QUOTE: IT LOOKED LIKE A HORSE BARN, and I still Stand For It being a BARN

Gary Bryant.............................Dr.longshot

7. Old Goat 2

Old Goat 2 Active Member

Who is "Gispon"?

8. Smithy

Smithy Mega Poster Founding Member

He is the Exec Director that stood in front of the news cameras and proclaimed "WE JUST GOT MOVING IN A FANTASTIC DIRECTION."......And then we had around 1600 in the GAH and Illinois shuttered the WSRC for a while.

Check WPT's place on holidays. Could be they are besties.

wpt likes this.
  9. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

Doc, Would we not feel worse if they had given away a very nice building? Look at the bright side of the deal. Roger C.