Suspensions or Penalties

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Michael McGee, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Michael McGee

Michael McGee Mega Poster Founding Member

A couple months ago I was following a thread on another site about the investigation of possible cheating and it just disappeared one day. It was about two gun clubs in the east letting shooters keep their own score, plus the clubs not keeping records for many of their registered shoots shot over the course of last years target year. Several shooters lost thousands of their registered targets which included the GAH Champion, a member of the Pa state team, and a person suspended in the 1980's for using another shooters card to shoot at a closer yardage. Oleolliedawg seemed to have the inside track to this story, but said he was sworn to secrecy! Does anyone on this site have information on the outcome of this investigation, or was the results kept secret by the EC.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  2. John Trap

John Trap Well-Known Member

Very interesting,

I had heard a rumor that there was some kind of controversy surrounding the winner at the Grand.

3. Ken Cerney

Ken Cerney HOF Muscoda Gun Club Past Wisconsin Director Founding Member HOF Muscoda Gun Club

I also have noticed that some of the post on the other site disappeared. This should be good to bring up here as we are open minded.

Trap 2 and wpt like this.
  4. Gerald

Gerald Mega Poster Founding Member

If I recall someone mentioned that they doubted anything will be done before the EC meeting at the 15 Grand. Suspension, reversal, or nothing??

Regards.....Gerald

5. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

If there were going to be any changes, penalty's, or suspensions the time to do them would of been before the books closed, not a year after ... Does anyone know for sure if anything was ever filed stating something was not on the up and up ..? I have not seen or read anything to that effect since it happened and everyone was up in arms about a short yardage shooter beating a long yardage shooter in the Grand American Handicap ... If something was out of place (suspious) it should of been taken care of right then and there without delay and not festered for a year ... wpt ...(yac) ...

6. Michael McGee

The shooters listed above did lose many of their registered targets. One lost almost 4000 alone. This information is from shooter information center on the ATA website. The GAH winner went from over 5500 handicap targets to around 2800 after being penalized.

7. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

He may of had targets taken away but what about his winning the Grand American Handicap ..? How was the reversal handled if there was a reversal ..? Did the winner get busted to the point where they took back that win and then it was handed to the runner up ..? wpt ... (yac) ...

8. Michael McGee

Nothing has happened to my knowledge, that is why I ask. The GAH might have been won fair and square, but I would think there would be some type of disciplinary action to the shooters or the clubs if they reported false scores for the game to maintain any integrity if the allegations are true. Gun clubs are required by ATA rules to keep shoot reports for a designated period of time.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  9. Wishbone

Wishbone Mega Poster

I would be surprised if anything happens to the GAH winner.

But once he was stripped of targets he should have been stripped of the title as well.

You might not get the option money back but the trophy and name in the record book should go to Mr Bickle.

John Trap and Flyersarebest like this.
  10. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

It's over. We'll have to put it aside and move on. Some standings adjustments but nothing more. It'll take a lot more than speculation to increase penalties. It wasn't the first time and probably not the last time we'll get snookered. Too bad-it was a nice ride!!

11. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

The single biggest problem (I) had as CC tournament director was the ATA's shooter records. Many times they were out of date or missing altogether, this wasn't the case when Stuart was doing the grand, and the ATA office was in Vandalia. Stuart had access to all the records, but after he quit and the ATA moved to Sparta it was like dealing with a 3rd world country. The same as calling one of those computer help lines and you get some foreigner, no speak trap. We got caught a couple of times and it wasn't always the shooters fault, but, it is always the shooters responsibility to know the rules, or Book of Suggestions, as (I) call it. Really confusing for many old geezers let alone kids and new shooters. Brad

12. Laserwizard

Laserwizard Active Member Founding Member

I shot at a shoot at Mapleton (Ohio) September 28, 2014 and the Pa shooter mentioned above was in attendance. After the shoot was over, standing inside the clubhouse, this shooter complained about his 98 stating he only missed (1) target. Yep, the score was changed to a 99. So much for the rulebook. Ticked me off because I had the only 99 in Singles until then.

13. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Olliedawg it's nice to see you back, how have you been?
    Dr.longshot

14. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

I've got itching, runny eyes, can't stop scratching my dry skin and I think my anal glands need emptying. You wonder why I'm ready to bite anyone who ticks me off? BIGDON better be real careful!

Gargoyle likes this.
  15. Basfshmn

Basfshmn Active Member Founding Member

LOL, Ollie it sounds like you are not having a good start to the day, hope everything gets better. Rick

16. kolarpole

kolarpole Well-Known Member Founding Member

Oliedog......bring your "fleas" down to the Dixie and I know you will feel better...aahhahahaha....see yaaaaaa at the Dixie.............

17. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Active Member Founding Member

I don't think Bigdon wants to be here. The reason I say so is he doesn't have ay mod friends here like he does on TS.com. They here I hope will kick his butt but good if he does what he does on TS.com.

Flyersarebest likes this.