Skeet Cleveland OH 1935 - Championship

Discussion in 'Skeeters Corner' started by Peter Ledger, Jun 11, 2023.

1. Peter Ledger

Peter Ledger New Member

Hi I am a skeet sooter from England I also own a silver plating company in Sheffield. Last week in a box of antique silver plate I came across an old cocktail shaker and on it is engraved "NATIONAL SKEET CHAMPIONSHIP CLEVELAND1935 26th ALLBORE" Has anyone got any information on it please.

Just Joe and Trap3 like this.
  2. Trap3

Trap3 Mega Poster

From History Buff`s Post... 2016

The Solon Skeet Club, near Cleveland, Ohio hosted the first National Skeet Championship, August 26-31, 1935. Here's the report from Sportsmen's Review.

Enjoy Our History!
    [​IMG]

Just Joe likes this.
  3. g7777777

g7777777 Mega Poster

Interesting . Looks like a side by in that picture

BRAD DYSINGER and Just Joe like this.
  4. David McMillen

David McMillen Well-Known Member

Model 21 Winchester.

5. Ernroe

Ernroe Well-Known Member

Although this was before my time a couple of things standout. The first being Newspaper coverage, that is almost nonexistent in this day and time or any other media coverage for that matter. Also, the article referred to the Trade men and I assume they were referring to shooters that worked for the vendors of equipment and supplies. Most all of the major gun and ammo companies had reps that were good shooters. They were considered professionals.

6. Ernroe

Ernroe Well-Known Member

As a follow up to previous post. The scores stood out in contrast to present day scores, there were no 100 straights mentioned. In todays world at any good size tournament it will take a 100 to get in the shoot-offs. There are probably several factors that come to play here but the main one has to be the pre-mounted gun.
    Just my observation.