SCAMMER!!! discoo

Discussion in 'Report the Bastards!' started by archerman, Feb 24, 2023.

1. archerman

archerman Active Member

I still have my WTB add up for a Browning BT-100 up and a new member discoo IM'd me and said he has one for sale, here is the email he sent me,

The forever Popular BT-100 in a SS with a 34" factory ported barrel is a winning choice among champion Trapshooters, with three flush Invector plus chokes. Serial Nb. is 04091 NVJ99 LOP is 14 1/4 to 15" adjustable. The Barrel & Receiver are 98% with a few handling marks on the forend and stock. Grade II wood With Monticarlo thumbhole stock.I’m asking $1800 shipped for it.

He just copied and pasted it into the email (it is from a sale on******* forum) from 2015 exact pics and wording, and the same serial #.

So beware!

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2023
  2. archerman

archerman Active Member

I forgot to add, this is the email address he used,
    Peterson Daniel *****@****

Mod Edit: The name was enough, I deleted the email address and the name of another site.

Thanks for the heads up.

Flyersarebest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2023
    oleolliedawg and Smokintom like this.
  3. Rimcrew

Rimcrew Active Member

Yep, he did the same thing to me on my WTB 90-T post.

4. wvstriper

wvstriper New Member

Did the same on my WTB 85ttr post.

5. wvstriper

wvstriper New Member

I had him send me pic via text. The number was 202-813-0498. That is a DC area code, he said he was in Mesa, AZ.

6. Ken Cerney

Ken Cerney HOF Muscoda Gun Club Past Wisconsin Director Founding Member HOF Muscoda Gun Club

I had a deal on a 90T HPAR from a guy in Minnesota. It turned out that the guy with the name used was an old guy that had his wits like Biden so he was only the drop box. As I found out from the local PD that he was receiving checks and cashing them for some young gal that gave him a divorce story and ex was taking all the money if the checks came to her. Nobody owned the gun they were selling. In research I found the gun on the other site back in 2018 same pictures. I ended up getting my check back from the the old guy as the PD explained to him what was happening. I GOT LUCKY.

7. Harvey Kimmes

Harvey Kimmes gallery 22

He also tried scamming me on a 410 superposed. Sent photos hopped pictures and could not explain varying serial numbers. He should be eliminated from this site. Thanks

8. Randy

Randy Mega Poster

just tried to sell me a UGB had a fake fire department badge and concealed license and even a FFL from Mesa AZ
    Id was a older gentleman guy on phone was foreign

9. vett0179

vett0179 Mega Poster

he just pmd me about a colt 380 ,, glad i seen this post thank you

10. greg

greg Active Member

same guy pm me about a tm1. thanks for the heads up