Relocate trigger

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by rookieshooter, Jun 25, 2021.

1. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Mega Poster Forum Leader

Any recommendations on someone that can move trigger back in trigger guard area? Plenty of room in my TM1 Perazzi to relocate trigger further back. Thinking the trigger could be cut off and then welded back on further back?
    My pistol grip stock that I made is next to trigger guard, but still too long a reach to comfortably wrap finger around curved portion of trigger.

PERAZZI.jpg

2. Mike Poore

Mike Poore Active Member

That is one tricked out gun, and considering what you've already done, this should be fairly easy. My suggestion is to look at the system that is used on the Kolar (and others) and have a sliding trigger like that machined for your gun. That way, you're not gonna be stuck with a single setting; just loosen the set screw & slide it forward & back.

rookieshooter likes this.
  3. ljutic329

ljutic329 Mega Poster Founding Member

Phillips Gunsmithing can do it or pick up a P-4 TM trigger

4. mpolans

mpolans Mega Poster

Briley can probably convert it to a sliding adjustable trigger like what they do for Krieghoff 32s to give them a sliding curved trigger. You can see pics of it on their website in the shotgun gunsmithing section.

5. Digodell

Digodell Active Member

That’s is one stunning trap gun. Highly upgraded wood. Have you thought about converting to belt fed fully automatic?

6. rookieshooter

Going to give them a call Mon morning!
    No rush, since I'm still under going therapy since my accident.

7. rookieshooter

Called Briley...no workie on release triggers. Oh well.
    Going with plan #2.. Remove recoil foam on backside of pistol grip and remove enough wood so after gluing recoil foam back on I'll have proper length.

Plus it will save me over $400.

Will have to wait before doing this. Just had other eye done (cataract).

On another note my thumb hole Rem 1100 is being shipped back from Simmons with an Olympic style rib installed.

VOTED 3.jpg

8. mpolans

mpolans Mega Poster

Why not pull out the trigger, take it apart, and just send Briley the trigger blade? It wouldn’t matter if it was release or not.

9. rookieshooter

I agree with you. But after they gave me the NO word with no explanation , forget them! I just reshaped pistol grip.
    You would think after spending over $700 on adding rib, rebluing and other work on my Rem 1100 they would be a little more concerning.

10. rookieshooter

Qops, just had brain fart. The $700 was done by another company. Briley is the company that said NO cause of trigger being release.

Must of had a Joe Biden moment

11. ljutic329

ljutic329 Mega Poster Founding Member

Just send it to Phillip's and he'll take care of it.