Reader glasses

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by jmunsell, Feb 4, 2015.

1. jmunsell

jmunsell Well-Known Member Founding Member

I'm diabetic and here for a few months now my eyes for some reason are getting a lot better at long distance and I'm having a hard time hitting the target so the question is does anyone have this issue and what have you done? I'm going to try readers.

2. Wishbone

Wishbone Mega Poster

No nothing is getting better. I am in a constant state of decay.

I expect your shooting will improve with improved vision

3. jmunsell

Not sure why my sight is getting better and the last time this happened it was signaling a health change. That is when I became diabetic and high blood pressure medicine caused it but I'm not taking any meds right now other then insulin and I have been taking that for a long time. Any who I see two targets and one is clear and the other a little blurred close to each other and I just want to clear that up a little.

4. Wishbone

Wishbone Mega Poster

Sounds like you need to have a conversation with your doc.

I don't think readers will do much for you at target shooting distance.

5. Basfshmn

Basfshmn Active Member Founding Member

That's the best advice you are going to get. I went to see my eye dr. Rick

6. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

I am a diabetic also, Over 5 years ago I started taking Baush & Lamb Occuvite, in 3 months I noticed a difference, the beginning of cataracts had started, they went away, I passed my driver license w/o my glasses when I renewed them, I am now shooting w/o my Trapshooting Glasses, I have since been buying the Equate Vision Formula, From Walmart, the ingredients are the same as Occuvite.
    I strongly recommend all Trapshooters purchase them, you definitely will see an improvement in a couple of months, they saved me from a Cataract Operation, which surprised my Optician. They cannot hurt, and are a lot cheaper than those advertised in Hunting and Shooting magazines, 120 tablets are about $8.99 at Walmart if memory serves me right. That is a 3 month supply, 1 tablet a day in the AM, I started out 2 a day one in AM and one before bed, now I am on one a day. Ingredients: Vitamin A:20%, Vitamin C:333%, Vitamin E 60 units: 200%, Vitamin Zinc 40mg: 267%, Vitamin Selenium 55mcg: 79%, Vitamin Copper 2mg: 100%, Luten 2%: daily value not established. I firmlybelieve in them, and have recommended them in the past. TRUST ME THEY WORK
    Dr.longshot

7. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Reading glasses absolutely will not work at shooting distances.
    Dr.longshot

8. jmunsell

I'm not talking about ones I can actually read with just ones that clear up shooting distance. I require 2.50 at reading distance and 1.50 at distance however for whatever reason my distance has changed to 1.00 at distance but changes back and forth at distance. Reading distance don't seem to change.

9. oldphart

oldphart Mega Poster Founding Member

I am type 2 diabetic, at 80 yrs., in 2012 I had cateracts removed in both eyes, distances now are very good, on some days I use 1.00 glasses to read the newspaper and the computer if I have to look up or at any distance while wearing these glasses the object is not clear slightly blurred. I believe that at the present I see targets faster and clearer than I have for a long time.

10. jmunsell

The 1.00 worked great even when looking down the beads to confirm mount. Only issue I had is readers aren't anti glare but I could see and acquire the target faster. I put on my side blinders and that helped on the glare. I was seeing a ghost target right behind the, what I think was the target, and now the target is clear and no ghost target.