range maint experts, take a look at these pole lights....

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by bobski, Nov 9, 2023.

1. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

storm blew down my pole light on the right.
    i know they are old, but do you know the brand name by sight?
    there are 2 different ones, one is round and one is square. they both are 1500watt bulb inserts that take time to light...like a highway light.(gas)?
    locals say they are old. ok....but who made them?
    i know new led's can do the same thing, but just curious. i dont want trap shooters to complain about one side of the field being brighter than the other, so replacing them with old lights is my first option.
    know anyone with these old lights?
    club1.jpg

2. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

They could be Hubbell,

3. bobski

both? there are 2 different type.

4. Thomas Hahn

Thomas Hahn Active Member

I think Sodium bulbs take a little time to get bright

5. bobski

yes, you flip it on, then it takes about 30 seconds and it starts to get bright slowly.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2023
  6. Eriehunter

Eriehunter Active Member

The round one is probably a 1500 watt metal halide Sportsblaster. I believe that was made by Hubbell. If you are changing lamps change all 4 as they do degrade over time and change color. Since the bucket truck is there it would be cheaper to just Change all then piecemeal it. Either way parts should be available for either fixture. Probably enough used stuff out there you could buy. The reflector cones have a different beam spread angle so watch that, some are narrow and some are flood. I think trap fields use narrow but don't quote me on that.

7. bobski

thanks. im reluctant to change the other 2 now, thinking itll just be time before it falls too. i may buy 4 all the same time and install the other 2 when it happens.
    btw...yes. the current lights are 1500 watt. i have about 6 extra bulbs i never used. hate to waste them. these lights were installed around 1995ish.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2023