Pat McCarthy to HOF Members - donate $100 support OSTA HOF Reception

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by merlo, Dec 6, 2023.

1. merlo

merlo Mega Poster Forum Reporter

I have received a letter from Pat McCarthy that was sent to OSTA HOF Members. Pat is asking HOF members still living to donate $100 to support the HOF Reception and Museum improvements.

I have posted a copy of that letter.

Thanks to you guys in the trenches.

I report. You decide.
    merlo out

IMG_1001.jpeg

Cooperdisciple and Jon Reitz like this.
  2. paBOB

paBOB Well-Known Member

Ha Ha. You OSTA HOFers have a chance to remain in the HOF. Divvy up $100 a year. There must be a chance you won’t get booted like that other guy. Don’t bother getting that in writing.

By laws and accurate minutes seem to be a thing of the past over there. Pony up Buckeyes.

Note to other donors: PA HOF appreciates your donations.

3. Jim/Canton

Jim/Canton Mega Poster

This is good news for current OSTA Hall of Fame Members with skeletons in the closet. (morality clause) Donations could keep closet doors shut.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2023
  4. Roy D

Roy D Well-Known Member

Pat is a great guy and if he says it's a good cause, I'll take his word for it.

-Roy

5. Ron fisher

Ron fisher Mega Poster

I was told if you can't say something positive, don't say anything.....here's a guy (pat) trying to do something positive for the sport , I applaud him.....he's a true trap shooter...

6. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

Ron, Roy, I have know Pat from day one that he first started trap shooting. He is the most honest gun dealer we have and a very honest person
    .Roger C.

7. Jim/Canton

Jim/Canton Mega Poster

How can the Hall of Fame Honor those they threw out?

Hey Ron. I was told if you can’t read the thread don’t comment. No one said anything bad about Pat.

Send your $100 in Ron.

8. Ron fisher

Ron fisher Mega Poster

Hey jim/canton....I guess it depends on how you read it....

Just Joe and Ohioshooter like this.
  9. Jim/Canton

Jim/Canton Mega Poster

Ron…. I read it to bottom and left to right. No attacks directed at Pat.

Are they going to honor everyone in the HOF? Or just those still remaining?

10. Roger Coveleskie

PAT, CHECK IS ON THE WAY. THE FOUNDATION IS GOING TO HANDLE THE MONEY AND NOT THE (h,o,s.) Roger C..

Just Joe likes this.
  11. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

I know that the HOF was left over 65K by a member in his will in 2014 or 2015. What happened to that money?

12. Don Cogan

Don Cogan Bird Hunter Past OSTA President Founding Member

Brad,
    The minutes of the Foundation’s October 2023 board meeting show a checkbook balance of $140,621.40 and $683,362.51 in the Midway foundation endowment account. I believe the OSTF has done a very good job with all the money entrusted to them. The balances were no where near this when you and I were on the board. I have disagreements with other aspects of the operation, not the financials.

13. Roger Coveleskie

I do not think the problem with the H.O.F. is about money. It centers about the removal of a member. maybe the board needs to be removed, and replaced with more competent members. Roger C.

14. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet State HOF Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Thank you Roger. You are correct it is not about the money. Regardless of whatever the cancel culture does there is out there a certificate stating that Randy is (Forever Enshrined) meaning he is there until the end of time.

Dave Berlet

15. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet State HOF Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

16. Dave Berlet

ttt

17. Frogman

Frogman Active Member Founding Member

Since this thread keeps getting ttt Ill play. Im curious is there anything a person could do to justify removing them from the OSTA hall of fame?

18. Roger Coveleskie

Not after they are installed. According to the charter as originally written. Roger C.

19. Frogman

The good old days are always discussed on this forum. Trap shooting was considered a gentlemans sport. We sure have come a long way from that. Because a charter says so, I guess cheaters,murders, rapist, child molesters should not be removed. After all it does say FOREVER ENSHRINED!

boonedog likes this.
  20. tarpmaker

tarpmaker Well-Known Member

Frog…..

Please tell us whom was convicted of being a molester before being inducted? Please tell us who was convicted of being a murderer before being inducted. The answer is no one.

And as per trapshooting being a gentleman’s sport. It has always had scoundrels. Such as yourself for implying anyone was convicted of any of those things.

You represent wokeism and the Libs well.

21. Frogman

Tarp.....

I asked if there would be any reason for removel from the OSTA HOF. and was told NO not after they are installed. FOREVER ENSHRINED FOREVER ENSHRINED FOREVER ENSHRINED.Because of these words there is NO, NONE, NOTTA any act a person could do to be removed. That is the position of some on this thread. And as for you TARP..... if you want to name call I'll play.

You represent BLM! Its fine to assult someone, threaten people, skip court, run from police, shoot at police. They should have just let him be after all he was in the HOF! Just so there is no mistake BLM stands for black lives matter.

boonedog likes this.
  22. Dave Berlet

Frog In your great store of knowledge of the English language would you please explain to me what the word FOREVER means.

Dave Berlet

23. Frogman

MR. Berlet
    I have met you at Newport gun club and i know you are my elder and i want to be respectful. For me Randy crossed a line that trumps forever enshrined. He committed crimes with a gun and his actions brought the US Marshall to the OSTA home grounds.
    Jeff Fiedhoff

24. Dave Berlet

Jeff. You still don't seem to be able to answer my question as to the question of forever and why that word is used as the cornerstone on the HOF certificate.

Dave Berlet

25. Frogman

Mr.Berlet

I thought i did. He was honored, Enshrined, for his abilities of shooting a gun. He used those abilities to try to kill members of law enforcement. Again it is MY OPNION THAT ACT TRUMPS THE WORD FOREVER. Actions mean more to me than words.

26. Dave Berlet

No where in the HOF procedure is it even mentioned of removal after induction. He was not just enshrined he was Forever Enshrined. Bad things happened after Randy was inducted we can all agree to that, but he was put in for his shooting career and what came to be has nothing to do with his shooting accomplishments. Anyone,s induction is the final act in the HOF procedure and seals the position forever. This is really not about Randy. It is about saving the integrity and structure of our HOF. The language is very plain, straight forward, and absolute, and should never be changed.

Dave Berlet

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  27. Roger Coveleskie

frogman, I looks like you have an axe to grind with Randy for a personal matter If so leave the H.O.F. out of it. Roger C,

28. shortbarrel

shortbarrel Active Member

Froggy, while I do not agree with your opinion that Randy should be kicked out of the HOF, I do believe that you have every right to present your opinion that he does not belong in the HOF regardless of any prior interactions with him.

29. Roger Coveleskie

shortbarrel, I agree Froggy has a right to express his views about Randy 's removal. But he is wrong about being able to do remove him or anyone else once they were enshrined. The directors were wrong in removing him. They went against the HOF's original wishes. They were less than honest about how they went about removing him. Their actions have turned the HOF into a good old boys club. If we decide we do not like you, you will be removed. VERY SAD FOR ANYONE IN THE HOF AND FOR FUTURE MEMBERS. Roger C.

30. Dave Berlet

Since Frogly doesn't like ttt I won't use it I'll just say lets not forget what the OSTA HOF is meant to be and bring it back to it's proper status.

Dave Berlet

31. shortbarrel

Well Dave, I like it.

ttt

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  32. shortbarrel

ttt for Dave