O CANADA !!! ARE YOU ALL NUTS????

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by BRAD DYSINGER, Feb 20, 2022.

1. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

I've been watching the Ottawa happenings and can't believe that Canada is becoming a dictatorship before my eyes. I loved trap shooting and hunting up North but quit going, one reason was Canada's gun laws got more intrusive and I wasn't going to give the government 50 bucks to take one over the border.

I was in Canada back when baby Tredou's dad was the great leader and my Canadian friends used to kid me that they CANADA had beaten the US during the war of 1812 when we invaded them the last time. I say last time because I don't know if anyone on here is paying attention but some Canadian Official while blaming the Truckers on TRUMP supporters financing them said that any person who had donated to the truckers cause should be very worried about having their bank accounts frozen.

I have two thoughts on this, one it sounds like a hollow Iranian style threat from a tinpot dictator's government aimed at a foreign country's populous, Trumper's he said. And number 2 if Canada has about a population of 37 million and Trump got 71 million votes we sure outnumber them.

If its WAR you Canucks want then sign me up. Preferably around Duck migration time this spring. I think I can organize a small company to head north with me.

Ken Cerney, cwtech and rrisum like this.
  2. rrisum

rrisum Mega Poster

Brad -- Take a lesson from Putin -- We better surround them -- I volunteer to help out with a western Caribou division out of Alaska!

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  3. stomper86

stomper86 trapshooter

Over half the country would be on your side Brad

4. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

becoming?
    it always was.
    its where all the draft dodgers use to go.
    its one big hippy commune.

Cooperdisciple and BRAD DYSINGER like this.
  5. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Mega Poster Forum Leader

No need to go to go up North for Spring migration. Had some friends that just got back from Arkansas last week hunting Snow geese. NO LIMIT, UN-PLUGED MAGAZINES. I asked him how about playing music, '' yep even electronic callers allowed.
    Reason is there's so many of these geese that they are killing a lot of vegetation with their caustic droppings. He told me that there is some kind of agreement between the U.S. and Canada to kill over a million of these geese.
    Did not mean to Hi Jack thread but waiting for appropriate time. And after what Brad said...oh well.

6. Hasbeen

Hasbeen Well-Known Member

No we aren't all nuts, just the 31% who voted Trudeau in. Our system is a massive failure splitting the vote with too many parties. If you're bringing a bunch with you to help those of us who are willing to fight for our freedom I'll gladly put you up for some waterfowl hunting. I only wish I could even begin to explain how it feels to have this happening to us. My wife is American and we are very seriously considering getting out of here and heading to the US...not an easy thing for me to do as I was born here and LOVE my country.

7. Jack O'Matic

Jack O'Matic Active Member

That's just what we need, here in Florida, another Canadian bitching about the exchange rate and opining on our government.

8. stomper86

stomper86 trapshooter

9. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

I saw some pictures on the internet that Quebec and Calgary had some big protests. Hopefully you can get this settled but it sure looks bad from here. Makes me wonder what will happen if Brandon tries the same shit when the US Truckers hit DC.

I read that two convoys are starting in Ohio, Cleveland and Columbus to join up with the ones coming from the west. Reminds me more of the 70's everyday (except for Trap Shooting). Is that you back their Rubber Duck? I might have to dig out my old CB. We all used them back in the day when going to trap shoots.

cwtech, Hasbeen and Flyersarebest like this.
  10. cwtech

cwtech Active Member

My wife was from Canada and we often considered moving to PEI. ....I was born here, all our families are here, so here we will die.

Maybe El Comandante Justin got advice from Uncle Raul ??

Maybe the truckers should have voluntarily left Ottawa sooner and all gone home and parked their trucks for the same amount of time? ....That many trucks off the roads would have the same effect on goods being moved and the economy. ...Maybe then, the government wouldn't freeze accounts, arrest people, impound trucks, and seek further retribution. ....The supporters would not have a place to gather, but many other trucks which were not part of the convoy could join the protest by staying off the roads. ....Corporate drivers could claim they tested positive and need to quarantine at home for 2 weeks. ....Once the liberals are affected, they will demand changes also.

We did not have the strict covid restrictions here in the USA that were imposed in some provinces of Canada. ....Inter-city travel was restricted, curfews were mandated, fines imposed for being out of your area, in-home visits by family were prohibited, and other draconian measures were put in place in the province of Quebec.

Hasbeen likes this.
  11. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

I’m sure glad hasbeen said he was moving to Florida and not some other state.

Oh wait,,,,,,, HE NEVER SAID HE WAS MOVING TO FLORIDA

I hope this morning you got out of bed on the right side.

Hasbeen likes this.
  12. Hasbeen

Don't worry you're safe. I wouldn't dream of living anywhere in the lower 48 but the northern states. I've never set foot in Florida nor have I had any desire to. Not my cup of tea. We are actually looking into Alaska. Nice friendly folks and good fishing and hunting.

13. Hasbeen

That's hilarious! I see you've spent lots of time in Canada! Try to remember the draft dodgers were from your country avoiding the Vietnam war....
    I'm surprised you don't have your own television court show....Judge Mental

14. Hasbeen

My wife was born in MA. Her parents were Canadian, both from PEI and moved to the states for work in the 50's. In '73 they returned to PEI. My wife was 8 when her parents moved the family back to Canada. And I agree, I am behind the truckers 100%, I was a truck driver for 24 years. If you want Ottawa to take notice stop moving goods and turn off the pipelines. When they run out of oil and gas to heat their homes and food in the dead of winter in Canada they'll take notice but Jason Kenny(Premier of Alberta, where I live) would have to grow a set first before turning off the lines.

cwtech likes this.
  15. Jack O'Matic

I never said that he said he was moving to Florida. You dope.

16. Hasbeen

No you only implied it....huge difference.
    fryingpanfire.png

Flyersarebest likes this.
  17. Flyersarebest

You better go back and read what you posted.
    And I don’t mean the part where you called a Mod a dope. I’ll deal with that soon enough

18. Jack O'Matic

Incorrect. I was merely commenting on our Canadian situation in South Florida. You can't enjoy a meal at a restaurant down here during the winter months without hearing the incessant whining about how much the meal costs, Canadian. Then there's the constant lecturing about the American health care system... I say stay home if you don't like it!

19. Jack O'Matic

I have read it. Maybe you should re-read it as well.
    I was going to suggest that you just save time and move on to the part where your little face gets red and you start screaming, in that little girl voice, I'm a moderator, I'm a moderator! That's your MO isn't it?

20. Flyersarebest

OF COURSE YOU IMPLIED IT. Someone would have to be as demented as biden to think otherwise.

Now I'm just merely commenting. If you don't like the conversations in those restaurants, stay in your house or trailer and cook for yourself.

Hasbeen likes this.
  21. Flyersarebest

Just for the record. Did you get tossed from any other sites?

And I don't want you banned from this one. I have a better solution for guys like you.

Flyersarebest

Hasbeen likes this.
  22. Jack O'Matic

I have not. Have you?

Jack O'Matic
    Not a Moderator (and my self esteem doesn't depend on being one)

23. Flyersarebest

As a matter of fact I have not.

Would you like this site to be the first one from which you were tossed?

Like I said, I want you to stick around, but I don’t own the site and if an administrator decides that your attitude and mouth warrants a ban it’s out of my control.

24. Hasbeen

Of course that doesn't happen here with US visitors....reality check. It does. You learn to ignore the whiners, in one ear and out the other. Pretty simple.

25. BRAD DYSINGER

I shot a lot in Canada in the 70's. Canadians knew how to have fun back then for sure, they had great calcuttas and knew how to throw a party. Hamilton, Montreal, and Vancouver were the big clubs I shot at. Montreal was in 75 before the Olympics and I never seen a trap club with more cement. The shooting stations must have been 12 inches thick.

The French Canadians back then didn't like the English Canadians so since I spoke English only they weren't very nice until they found out I was from the US and then they treated me great. I always felt welcome in Canada, much more than I did in Jersey or Philly. Being from the Mid West we always looked at the Easterners as know it alls.

When I moved backed to Ohio from Maryland and I had to deal with some Ohio ass hole I always said that the biggest Ass in Ohio was like a kinder gardener in Jersey. Everything is perspective.

I sure hope you Canadians throw out the commies taking over your country. I don't think the US can stand to have both borders going to shit at once without some of us having to step in and do something. Please take care of this guys for you and us.

Roger Coveleskie and Hasbeen like this.
  26. Zealot

Zealot Active Member

Having lived in Florida in a small commune of english and french speaking Canadians (snowbirds), I related to what Jack O'Matic posted. Perfectly!

If I had to judge from that experience, I would say they are ALL commie.

If one had a pack of cigarettes, they would ALL be smoking, until the cigarettes were gone.

27. Flyersarebest

I don't know what your comprehension level is, but a fellow member said he was thinking of possibly moving to the US and your response was,

That's just what we need, here in Florida, another Canadian bitching about the exchange rate and opining on our government. Even a little girl could see that you were taking a swipe at him.

My "MO" is to read as many posts as I can and weed out the ones that might be offensive to other members. Those and the ones that are just plain stupid. I first check with the administrators when someone posts this type of nonsense. Unfortunately for you, they have left it up to me on how to deal with you.

The little girl voice you hear in your head is kind of weird and is something you should see a professional shrink about but that is a personal problem you will have to deal with yourself. Regardless of what type of voices you hear the question still stands.

Would you like this site to be the first one you got tossed from? I would suggest you save some time and just answer with something along the lines of,

I really don't care if I ever post here again so I will just tuck my tail between my legs and never come back.

I would really appreciate THAT response since it would be a lot easier than you posting anything in the future and me editing the thing so other members couldn't see it. We don't delete posts but like the one you posted, they wouldn't make any sense.

Flyersarebest
    MODERATOR (the "dopey" one)
    And the lenient one. Anywhere else and you would have been gone 5 seconds after your above post.

Hasbeen likes this.
  28. BRAD DYSINGER

I just read on Breitbart News that the Canadian Parliament gave the okie dokie and voted to give the Great Leader of Canada his dictator powers. I wonder how long it will be before you Canadians are forbidden to come to the US?

On another note, Back in 1978 I started going to Manitoba hunting. Ann and I would tow our 5th wheel all the way north to Swan River and hunt for 2 or 3 weeks.

Orville Minish was a trap shooter and we had become good friends with him and his wife Birdy on the Fla chain a few years before. He owned a farm and farmed with his son in law who's family owned a lot of land too. We enjoyed fantastic waterfowl and bird hunting, Dave Berlet made a couple of trips up there too.

This isn't the story, the story is that the Canadian economy was worse than the US's then and Canadian money was cheap compared to ours. One of Orville's neighbors had picked up and moved to Alberta and left his farm. The price of a house, out buildings, and 160 acres of farm land was around 10 grand US and I had just killed a 25 in Pigeons at Holford's on the way to Canada so had the money with me. I was going to buy it and have Orville's son in law farm. I couldn't buy it because I was an alien non resident and couldn't own farm land in Manitoba. A little commie back then to me, so I'm not really surprised whats going on today. I'll just have to wait and see if Brandon tries the same crap here and see what will happen then.

Hasbeen likes this.
  29. Hasbeen

It's a goddam mess that's for sure. Sadly going the political route peacefully is no longer an option. History has proven over and over the only way to get rid of a dictator and his gov't is through force. I feel for my fellow freedom lovers in the US too as your current administration isn't much better and given half a chance would do the same to you. @BRAD DYSINGER I find that interesting you weren't able to buy a farm in MB. I wonder if that has changed. Lots of Americans own tourist camps and personal cottages in many other regions of Canada and here in AB and SK many own waterfowl outfitting operations.

30. Hasbeen

Guys like him aren't worth the time and energy and anything you say just falls on deaf ears. I wasn't offended by him. I just laugh at him....

31. BRAD DYSINGER

I read on Britebart that your great leader is revoking his dictate. I wonder if a run on Canada's banks has anything to do with it?

Hasbeen likes this.
  32. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Eh, I shot the last Eastern Zone in Hamilton. You know, the one when the bloody treasurer ran off with the money. Well. they eventually sent me a check for $185 for 3rd. in the handicap.

Hasbeen and BRAD DYSINGER like this.
  33. rookieshooter

That's good shooting. Did you win another embroidered 3rd place jacket, Eh? :D

34. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

I felt eternally grateful when I finally received that check around 1 1/2 months later. You wonder why they no longer get the opportunity to have the Eastern Zone. I believe my score was a fabulous 96/100 that day.and I came home with two failed Remington 1100's. Those were the days.

35. Hasbeen

The senate was in discussions on the emergency act and afterward a vote was to be held. They had resolved not to pass the act but before the vote was cast an insider leaked to him it would not be approved so he announced HE was revoking it to try to look like the hero claiming the emergency was over and his commie state run broadcasting medias(CBC/CTV/Global etc) spun the story to make it look like HE was revoking it of his own admission. He is an absolute A-Hole. Now it's the Russia-Ukraine issue has taken the spotlight off his having broken every major law enacting a move without parliamentary procedure and he's &*)*^ that up too! he's issuing bold statements how tough Canada will be on Russia through sanctions meanwhile he's still buying oil and gas from them just like Biden at a time when they should be crippling Russia's income severely and opening up our s and your oilfields and expediating pipelines so we can get our products to foreign markets nd stop Russia from holding so much of Europe in it's grip economically. What a bunch off commie pukes we have running two of the greatest countries on this planet!!

HistoryBuff, BRAD DYSINGER and cwtech like this.
  36. Hasbeen

That was Gord Kerr....that SOB cried foul and went after anyone who won any money at shoots in southern Ontario if you were from a Northern Ontario Club and then he gets caught embezzling the OPTA. The OPTA is the most ignorant body in trapshooting I have ever known. They are the reason most of the Northern Clubs quit shooting ATA and formed their own Northern trap League in 1989....Shooters from 9 different clubs In Northeastern Ontario pulled out and to this day they run their own Northern Trap League and have neve will nor ever shoot an ATA shoot again no matter how much I've tried to convince my buddies back there still to start their own Northern ATA affiliated association. The OPTA is the reason I quit ATA in '89...I went back in '98 as I wanted to go to the 100th Grand in '99 and as soon as I did I quit shooting any registered in Ontario the following year. I never started again until 2015 after moving to the SK/Alberta border in 2013 and observing SATA and APTA shoots. After seeing what stand up guys were running things here I joined again. That's my two rants for today....I'll get back to posting fun stuff instead! ;)

37. Hasbeen

As an update my wife and I have been doing a lot of research as of late and I think we are pretty much committed to moving to the Black Hills area of South Dakota....We are hoping to head down over the Easter holidays for a look around and get a feel for the area. :)

38. rookieshooter

Get your Turkey calls ready.

Hasbeen likes this.
  39. BRAD DYSINGER

Pretty good hunting for pheasants close too.

Hasbeen likes this.
  40. i was at that canadian in 75,at l'c'adie [sp] montreal the prizes were bad a copper disk for a handicap win. i lived in vancouver at the time people
    in montreal were great when they found out you came from the west