More traps at the Cardinal Center

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by appalachianshooter, Sep 6, 2015.

1. appalachianshooter

appalachianshooter Active Member

I keep hearing more reports that the CC is putting in more traps. I have heard numbers from 1-40. It would be nice if Luke or Jake could drop by and give us a number.

2. paBOB

paBOB Well-Known Member

Heard similar story. 3 more banks please.

3. flyingship

flyingship Member

May be nice to have a few more banks but I am happy shooting there 3 weeks a year.

4. mah66

mah66 Active Member Founding Member

...and where are they going to put them...on a second deck??

5. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

The CC owns all the land to the next tree line...guessing that is another 1 1/2 miles.

6. Gerald

Gerald Mega Poster Founding Member

40 sounds like a bit much but who knows ?
    If they are going to continue West and face North land probably is no problem as Mr. Fishburn probably owns all of it.
    Looks like farmland as far as the eye can see.

Regards....Gerald

Zealot likes this.
  7. sparta1

sparta1 Member

It would be great but I have my doubts

8. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

I talked to the CC today. They have no plans for more trap fields. Honestly, with the size of the grand american today, the CC wouldn't need to build any fields. They could handle it on the fields there now.

At best any grand held today would have no more than 3000 shooters. That is based on the historic 10 per cent of the membership that would shoot in a year at Vandalia. The ATA has had 10 years of membership hemorrhaging and the shooters aren't there for an old time grand.

But saying all that...the ATA has made no plans other than Sparta that I am aware of. What I've heard from my sources is that they hope a white whale buys the joint from Illinois and that solves the problem.

Illinois is the home of hope and change. Just look how well Obama has worked out. I suspect the early summer interest that Gibson showed to the CC was for a bargaining chip for the ATA to use against Illinois. But when Jack showed no interest in hosting the Grand on the EC's terms that went away.

I've been asked a hundred times by a hundred shooters what I think and what is going on. My best answer is don't expect anything smart out of this bunch. They've done nothing over the last years to make me think they are capable of making a smart decision. If you think I'm wrong please list any of the smart ones made by the EC in the last ten years.

Brad

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2015
  9. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Based on the attendance at Sparta, compared to the attendance at the Cardinal Center there is no doubt that CC could handle the grand with the current attendance but that could quite possibly double if the shoot got moved back into an area where there was places for the shooters and their family's to stay, eat , and play ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Michael McGee and oleolliedawg like this.
  10. 320090T

320090T Mega Poster Founding Member

CC has twelve banks which could run 60 squads or 300 shooters an hour, maybe. If you use twelve hours of daylight that figures out to being able to handle 720 squads or 3600 shooters in a twelve hour period. That might handle a single event day but what about a 200 bird race?

IF you had 3000 shooters show up for a 200 bird event it would take 20 banks to get it finished in a 12 hour day.

3000 shooters, maybe. Full squads, not all of them. 60 squads an hour, get the cattle prods out.

I don't remember the shooter numbers for the CTC in Vandalia so maybe 3000 shooting sixteens is a stretch but that many in the GAH, likely.

This is all just idle thinking but, what if?

11. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Modify the program to 150 targets if it has to be done that way ... Have they ever used all of the traps at the WSRC to get the programs in ..? Tucson had to modify the program at one time until they got the trap line completed ... Management has the right to change, alter , or modify should be in all programs ... WPT ... (YAC) ...