More Satellite Grands! More more more?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by LimaShooter50, Oct 21, 2017.

1. LimaShooter50

LimaShooter50 Mega Poster Founding Member

You ATA shooters will have 10 shoots with the name "grand" plus a shoot that many wish was still GRAND. If 10 + 1 = Success and Growth then why not 20? Would 22 be grander?

There must be a few more resort areas the EC would like to visit and shoot for free.

wpt and History Seeker like this.
  2. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

Lima , Is this a tongue in cheek post or are you advocating for more satellite grands? The satellite grands are one of the reasons that the small local shoots are suffering, they are one very good reason that the sport is diminishing. They should go back to the Grand American and the spring Grand, eliminate all of the others, as most are money loosers to the ATA. Get rid of the AA points. They should add money to all state shoots and zone shoots. This will attract more shooters than the satelilite's do and help build the registered shooter base back up to where it was at one time. If the EC does not come up with a solid business plan that is supported by the members, the sport is going to continue to shrink. Sad but true. Roger C.

wpt, THEUNLOADER and Ken Cerney like this.
  3. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Lima, I got it as soon asI saw the word "grand"

4. Kiehl

Kiehl Well-Known Member

Flyer has a keen sense of the obvious. Roger ......?

5. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Instead of each state having a State Shoot, they can each have a state grand ... Then there won't be anymore problems and the EC, ED will be able to go to each of them to hook up with the Delegates from each state ... The grand in Sparta, can then be called the Ultimate Premier Over All Championship grand, after all those grands they probably won't get 500 shooters so it will really be special ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. Roger Coveleskie

Bill, Do not tempt them with ideas like that, they may think it is a good deal. You know they get about $12,500.00 from each grand. 50 times $12,500.00 is enough to spark their interests. Roger C.

History Seeker likes this.
  7. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Roger ,
    We paid over $17,500 plus the cost of the radio they lost and what ever else they could steal ... Told the VP at the time if I see him by the cash register again I was going to have him removed and arrested ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  8. Roger Coveleskie

I remember that incident very well. Also them filing a lien against the sale for money that they had already been paid. Some things I forget, some I NEVER forget. I remember stocking a private room for them at the spring grand. With booze,food ,and a lot of expensive snack. I also remember them not helping with the shoot offs at the last spring grand. They all said they had dinner reservations. Our state people were just as bad. None of them stayed to help after they were ask by me to help. Don Brown is the only one that helped me . He stepped up after he heard me say I did not care if the shoot offs were held or not. He said could he help. ( I think my statement was, I do not give a ____ if we have these shoot offs.) That was just after an all American called me every vile name he could think of, because it was my fault he did not make the all American team. I do have a very good memory of the people in charge. Roger C.

wpt likes this.