looking for information on this gun

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by target manager, Jun 6, 2022.

1. target manager

target manager Active Member

My brother in law died and left me this gun. I know nothing about it and need some info. It is marked colt army special 32-20 W.C.F. 5 inch barrel and one of the grips has a chunk missing. How old is it, any value. I guess it is a shooter. Don't know if it has been reblued or not??? Any kind of special gun or history with the army special marking??? Any help is appreciated

IMG_0060[1].JPG IMG_0061[1].JPG

2. RPAD

RPAD Well-Known Member

I would start by calling Colt, they would be the best place to start.

3. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Google Colt Serial Numbers
    When the page comes up, enter the serial number
    Colt had a habit of re-using numbers on different models, but since you know the model this should help you get started.

Then, you can go to a few different sites to get an idea of the value. True Gun Values might show a few. If you are registered on GB you can hit the “advanced” tab, click on the “completed” sales tab and see what this model has SOLD for.

My friend has over a dozen different old Colts that fit this time frame. Official Police, Police Positive, Officer Model, Officer Model Match etc.

They all are very nice condition with some being museum quality 98-99% pieces.
    And those numbers are what a VERY large dealer in Clearfield PA is willing to pay.
    He’s already purchased over $100k worth of guns and is coming back for more so one would think he has an idea on how much he can sell them for.
    Good luck with your search

Attached Files:

4. target manager

target manager Active Member

thanks a bunch

Flyersarebest likes this.