K32 San Remo - has anyone seen this?

Discussion in 'For Sale-Wanted to Buy' started by Craig Ball, Oct 17, 2023.

1. Craig Ball

Craig Ball Missed it by that much...

I recently acquired a Model 32 San Remo. Very nice gun
    with 30" barrels and 7 Briley extended chokes. The
    stock is crap, but the bluing on the receiver/barrels is
    excellent. Here's my question: has anyone seen a San
    Remo with 7 "features". This has three birds in flight on
    one side, two birds in flight, a nesting bird and a fox on
    the other. Thoughts? Krieghoff-K32-30inch-Spectacular-engraving-Full-of-upgrades_102471741_147615_8FB7266E92EE8BD1.jpg Krieghoff-K32-30inch-Spectacular-engraving-Full-of-upgrades_102471741_147615_FE0BF83B2997AFC2.jpg

2. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Mega Poster

Barrel Should Have Edge of Water Table Engraved To Match..a Sign that Barrel is Not Original to Gun set. as Far as Number of Animals .,..Not sure On That..Will Tell You of Owning Many..Never Seen a Fox...All Mine Were Their Famous Three Legged Dogs.

Craig Ball likes this.
  3. Daventry

Daventry Well-Known Member

Mine has 6 features. One of which is a fox. But it’s on the right side of the gun.

Craig Ball likes this.
  4. Craig Ball

This is my 3rd San Remo, all have have been matching number receivers/barrels, none of which had/have
    the barrel engraving you refer to. I've seen this engraving, but noton any of mine. Interesting.

5. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Mega Poster

Engraved Receiver Sets..were Sent to Hal..were they sat on the Shelf Until Sold..May Of them Left as a Trap combo or a Skeet Gun. But Those That Were Ordered from Factory Were Bought With Barrel Edges Engraved Along with Receiver Set. Plenty of Barrels Added After the Fact and Numbered to Match Irons without being engraved to Match.

Look at a 4 Barrel skeet set Original Barrels All had Engraved Barrel Edges.

Reyper, David McMillen and Craig Ball like this.
  6. g7777777

g7777777 Mega Poster

What is the serial number ?

7. Craig Ball

11xx

8. g7777777

g7777777 Mega Poster

So the early guns were not categorized by “grade” and were individually ordered that is why you might think there is more variation.

It might be the photos but the engraving seems more shallow

Another possibility is it was not engraved at the factory

9. Daventry

Daventry Well-Known Member

The above may be true but isn’t necessarily universal. G77777 knows his stuff. That said, my ‘fox’ San remo is SN in the 8 thousand range and has the Roman numeral II stamp on the tang indicating its factory status. It also has edge engraving on the barrel as discussed above.

10. g7777777

g7777777 Mega Poster

I agree. You generally see next after the very early ones come by grade. Maybe mid 2000s. Then they begin referring to a similar grading by name .

11. Craig Ball

I'm gonna send the Ser# to krieghoff, see what their records have. I've done this before - sometimes they're very helpful, sometimes not so much. Thanks for the great input.